Cromwell to Torksey this weekend

matty40s

Featured Posts

High tides at Hull are as follows (all in BST)

Sun 11th

01:22 (5.72m)

14:01 (5.57m)

Monday 12th

02:59 (5.81m)

15:44 (5.81m)
High Water Cromwell is 5 hours later ie about 0630 on Sunday and 0800 on Monday.
I don't think Cromwell to West Stockwith will be doable in daylight hours - you would need to leave Cromwell about 1300 on Sunday to get to Torksey at HW Torksey (=Hull + 4 hours = 1800), and then run down to West Stockwith on the ebb, in the evening. Even it Stockwith will be open when you get there at 2200!
If you just want to go to Torksey then I think you leave at about HW Cromwell ie 0630 Sunday, or a bit later. You then leave Torksey at 0700 on Monday morning (HW Hull + [CORRECTED] 4 hours) and get to Stockwith four hours later.
Hope that helps.
Edited by Scholar Gypsy

We're planning on doing Cromwell to Torksey on Monday. When I spoke to the lock keeper last week, he said we'd be able to leave any time between 9am and 2pm, as high water at Torksey is about 5pm. He said there's very little fresh in the Trent at the moment, so you need the tide to ensure you can get over the cill at Torksey Lock.

I am on a very limited Internet this evening and can't get the info I need until tommorow at earliest. Does anyone know probable Cromwell leaving times on Sunday or Monday this weekend to get to Torksey ......Or possibly West Stockwith. ..

Thanks

If you're aiming for Torksey, then set off from Cromwell any time that suits you.

If you want to get straight in at Stockwith, with the river nigh on slack, and in daylight, then aim to get there at, or just before [local] HW, which will be around 1615-20 on Sun 11 Sept, and 1735-40 on Mon 12 Sept.

Time the departure from Cromwell, and run at a speed that will get you to somewhere around the low end of Knaith Rack, West Burton [Cheese House] or Lea Marshes at the same time as HW at Hull, . . . . Cromwell to Stockwith is about 31 miles.

Edited by Tony Dunkley

High tides at Hull are as follows (all in BST)

Sun 11th

01:22 (5.72m)

14:01 (5.57m)

Monday 12th

02:59 (5.81m)

15:44 (5.81m) *
High Water Cromwell is 5 hours later ie about 0630 on Sunday and 0800 on Monday.
I don't think Cromwell to West Stockwith will be doable in daylight hours - you would need to leave Cromwell about 1300 on Sunday to get to Torksey at HW Torksey (=Hull + 4 hours = 1800), and then run down to West Stockwith on the ebb, in the evening. Even it Stockwith will be open when you get there at 2200!
If you just want to go to Torksey then I think you leave at about HW Cromwell ie 0630 Sunday, or a bit later. You then leave Torksey at 0700 on Monday morning (HW Hull + [CORRECTED] 4 hours) and get to Stockwith four hours later.
Hope that helps.

* Hull HW is 1522 BST on Mon 12 Sept.

We're planning on doing Cromwell to Torksey on Monday. When I spoke to the lock keeper last week, he said we'd be able to leave any time between 9am and 2pm, as high water at Torksey is about 5pm. He said there's very little fresh in the Trent at the moment, so you need the tide to ensure you can get over the cill at Torksey Lock.

In normal conditions [ ie. fairly normal levels upriver] Torksey HW is around three and a half hours, and sometimes a bit more, after Hull HW, . . . Flood at Torksey [ ie. LW ] should be around or shortly before 1700 on Monday 12 Sept., and it'll be fairly unspectacular because the tides are right at the bottom [smallest] of Neaps. There'll be a slowish rise in river level before it starts 'running up', which will probably be around 15 - 20 minutes later.

Edited by Tony Dunkley

I am on a very limited Internet this evening and can't get the info I need until tommorow at earliest. Does anyone know probable Cromwell leaving times on Sunday or Monday this weekend to get to Torksey ......Or possibly West Stockwith. ..

Thanks

The weather doesn't look brilliant for Monday. Sunday looks a much better day.

Plenty of rain overnight tonight and into tomorrow so there should be a bit of fresh for you