Blue Tinted Windows

Bloomsberry

Featured Posts

We have 'one way mirror' films on our windows. You get privacy with a nice view, with the added advantage that the film filters most of the UV from the sunlight, which reduces fading.

They are about £20 - £30 for a boat's worth.

I'd just find the cost of changing them and take this off any offer I made for the boat - if I were even interested in a back to front cruiser stern jobbie.

it just peels off, no cost involved.

I have gold ones because I'm daft like that!

Our boat had mirror film on every window when we bought it. Unfortunately it had peeled off in places and looked a right mess. So a condition of the purchase was that the film was 'professionally' removed.

It looked to have been done okay until a few weeks later when the windows began to look dusty and wouldn't clean properly. It was then we found out that the removal had left a film of gluey substance on the windows and it took hours and hours of hard graft and a few litres of glue remover. Each of the 'bus type' windows took over an hour each to do.

I like the idea in principle but would not entertain having it done for the above reasons.

I must be a cheapskate because we only had bronze on our previous boat. We first tried it about 12 years ago because of the amount of solar gain from huge bus style windows. Great stuff gave a lot more privacy, cut down solar gain in summer and help with heat loss and condensation in the winter.

Phil

Our boat had mirror film on every window when we bought it. Unfortunately it had peeled off in places and looked a right mess. So a condition of the purchase was that the film was 'professionally' removed.

It looked to have been done okay until a few weeks later when the windows began to look dusty and wouldn't clean properly. It was then we found out that the removal had left a film of gluey substance on the windows and it took hours and hours of hard graft and a few litres of glue remover. Each of the 'bus type' windows took over an hour each to do.

I like the idea in principle but would not entertain having it done for the above reasons.

The majority of good quality films adhere to the glass by electrostatic adhesion, no glue of any sort involved. The film can be removed just by peeling off and can be stored and refitted as you wish, you were unlucky to get a boat with a cheap film fitted.

Phil