tomorrow at liidl

gaggle

Featured Posts

sorry if it has already been put up but tomorrow at my local lidl portable satellite reciever 59.99 all inclusive and it says it gets free to air channels excluding freeview , so can anyone tell me which or what channels are free to air

silvercrest. reciever , dish ,remote ,in car cable ,coaxial 10m cable ,scart ,and much more.

sat update via astra

4500 programmable channels.

looks like fixing brackets and stuff is also in the carry case it comes in as it is portable system.

so what are the free to air channels and has anyone got one and are they worth getting /having.

sorry if it has already been put up but tomorrow at my local lidl portable satellite reciever 59.99 all inclusive and it says it gets free to air channels excluding freeview , so can anyone tell me which or what channels are free to air

silvercrest. reciever , dish ,remote ,in car cable ,coaxial 10m cable ,scart ,and much more.

sat update via astra

4500 programmable channels.

looks like fixing brackets and stuff is also in the carry case it comes in as it is portable system.

so what are the free to air channels and has anyone got one and are they worth getting /having.

You said "and it says it gets free to air channels excluding freeview ".

I don't understand - but then I am from Barcelona. (That bit's not true - my grandfather was from Barcelona, but I always had strong empathy with him.)

Anyway, where's my nearest Lidl? I really want this kit.

Cheers,

John

I don't understand - but then I am from Barcelona. (That bit's not true - my grandfather was from Barcelona, but I always had strong empathy with him.)

Cheers,

John

Speaking as a broadcast engineer rather than as someone with satellite telly on his boat... ;-)

'freeview' is the digital terrestial service you pick up with a standard tv aerial and a set-top box. Most of these boxes run directly from mains, although I have one that came with a 6v adapter - I'll put in a regulator to allow it to run from 12 if I can be bothered. I'd mention that at the moment Maplin are doing an 8" widescreen tv that includes freeview reception for £100 - I'd assume that comes with a car adapter, but check first.

Satellite is a whole different ball game - you need to carefully line up the dish with the right satellite (in line of sight, i.e. not great for cuttings or alongside buildings to the south of you), and there's no way that'll work if you're moving, if you have bore friends/family... you can get at a lot of european channels, as well as the extended BBC set on Astra. Check carefully what you can get via satellite - I'd say stick with freeview (or straight 'old fashioned' analogue while it's still around, for most of us that's 3-5 years), unless you have specific favourite channels, rather than just wanting mind-numbing wallpaper occasionally...

Of course get one to play with by all means - there's some strange tv out there, if you have the time to look for it...

Cheers,

John

that right , it says that.

this is why my main question should have been , what is free to air as against freeview.

File0007.jpg

Edited by gaggle

that right , it says that.

this is why my main question should have been , what is free to air as against freeview.

File0007.jpg

To be honest, as long as I can get BBC1 and 2, ITV, Channel 4 and Five I'll be happy. I bought a largish conventional aerial which the shop guy told me was ideal for digital TV and I can't locate any Freeview channels whatsoever. Good job it was only a tenner. Maybe I'll wire it up to the shore line and do me a little electro-fishing.

Cheers,

John

Free to air is the same as freeview but different.

Free to air are the channels available via satellite.

Freeview are available via terrestrial aerial.

The stations are free but not necessarily the same ones,

Have a look here at the Astra site it give a list of all the free to air available.

They do come from different satellites so the correct 'tuner' receiver is needed and the dish pointed at the correct satellite.

Do remember that without a Sky card slot, and I don't think these have one, you'll not be able to get channel 4 or channel 5.

These kits do work, but not very well. I have replaced a few that people were fed up with, but others have been happy with them.

You get what you pay for.

Free to air is the same as freeview but different.

Free to air are the channels available via satellite.

Freeview are available via terrestrial aerial.

The stations are free but not necessarily the same ones,

Have a look here at the Astra site it give a list of all the free to air available.

They do come from different satellites so the correct 'tuner' receiver is needed and the dish pointed at the correct satellite.

OK, the clouds are gathering again. What the Hell does "Bouquet" mean at the Astra site? (second column).

Cheers,

John

Hi all

I bought a previous version of this offer only difference seems to be the dish, mine was a 57cm fixed version,decoder looks to be the same.

The free to air programs seems to mean that it is transmitted unscrambled C4-5 5US are scrambled so you cannot view them wether you can add a freeview box and unscramble I know not but would like to know.

Had trouble geting the dish aimed correctly due to misleading info in the manual. It tells you to start with the dish vertical, this is to high, thanks to a passing boater I learnt that the LNB arm should be set horizontal, after this I have found it reasonably easy to align,the decoder has a built in on screen signal meter as long as you can see it whilst lining up. mine also came with a sat finder which fits in the coax lead but not enough F type plugs are supplied with the kit to make up the extra lead You do at least get the BBC interactive feeds as seperate stations.The decoder has a number of satallites already programmed all you have to do is find them in the sky. Only broke it out of the box last week despite having it for a number of months, for the money it aint bad.

Steve

Gaggle

if you struggle to get one from Lidl Makro have one for £59.99 plus VAT comes in a smaller box. They had loads of them at the Halesowen store. If you don't have a Makro card or cannot get hold of one PM me and we can arrange something.

For the cost it has to be worth a go..

But be warned, you get what you pay for..

Minus points the receiver will NOT allow you to watch channel 4 or 5 as you will need a sky viewing card and only a sky reciever will do that, you will not be able to ugrade to watch the pay channels on sky either should you wish..

I've visited a few customer's on site to help them set up the equipment and show them what to do, only to find some receivers have been faulty, and some dish's have lost their suction and wont affix to the roof of the boat..

good points cheap and cheerfull and good value for money..

If anyone does need any help in any way just call me..

Cheers fo now..... Martyn (travelsat) 07914 401 036