Beta 38 running temperature.

Featured Posts

Beta seem to fit rather cool thermostats so I would expect to see around 70C. But of course someone may have fitted a replacement thermostat so the expected temperature will depend on what was fitted. I tend to slot in an 82C one in winter to get hotter hot water, and revert to the 72C one in summer - it takes about 5 minutes to swap them over.

I know it's got a standard beta one fitted, cos I fitted one last week there wasn't one fitted in it.So in a range off 70 to 80°s.

If it keeps on creaping up I know there is a problem somewhere and pull over.

Edited by rustydiver

I know it's got a standard beta one fitted, cos I fitted one last week there wasn't one fitted in it.So in a range off 70 to 80°s.

It will vary quite a bit depending on the load and the ambient temp of the water outside the skin tank.

The thermostat should hold the temperature steady within a few degrees. However if the skin tank is not up to the amount of heat generated at a certain revs then the temperature will start to increase. The solution is to reduce power a bit or, longer term, to enlarge the skin tank area so it meets the engine's requirements.