Pumpout- is there a non-macerator remote option?

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

A word of warning,

When I was looking at systems for Sabina H, I considered Vacuflush.

A marine engineer (whose views I trust implicitly with anything to do with ships or boats) advised me to stay away from them under all circumstances.

He told me that the Vacuflush system was fitted to several of the Thames river cruisers and Party boats and used to cause more trips to the repair yard than any other system on board.

This was a long time ago, of course but I strongly advise you talk to owners of the system you are thinking of ..... preferably several of them.

I've had the Vacuflush cassette toilet (rather than the pump out) in my boat for the last 11 years and its been great. When I spoke to Lee Sanitation at one of the boat shows several years ago they told me the pump out version was a more robust system.

I used to work at a passenger boat yard and I'm sure on trip boats a Vacuflush is the wrong system, but that's probably got more to do with the users than the toilet.

I can imagine a vacuflush would be the worst thing in the world to fit on any party boat!

I can only imagine how many "foreign objects" they had to remove and so I do think it is very possible the toilets did not "break down" just failed to cope with people using them who didn't understand they could not just bung anything down there.

Exactly. In the hands of the idiots who want to party on boats a vacuum toilet is a disaster. On a private boat they're fine.

I'm not asking for me-I am working with a boating business and they have a hire fleet...

Ah, in that case a Vacuflush won't solve your problems.

A Notice Perhaps?

"This Toilet automatically goes into reverse if you put anything down it that you shouldn't, to clear the blockage. Please stand well clear of the flying poo if this happens to you."

Poo will spew if you block the Loo

The problem is if it does not block straight away the next hirer might get the charge for blocking it up even though they only flush the proper things down, but that aside we have hired boats with a dump through and not found it any worse than seeing poo in the loo at home before flushing.

Neil.

As far as I can ascertain the only options are dump through or remote tank w/macerator.

Can anyone tell me if there is a pump out option where it is vacuum pumped to a remote tank but without a macerator? Or would this just not be viable because it would clog?

You could fit a standard manual pump Jabsco sea toilet and plumb it to the holding tank, the pump has the action of breaking up solids and they are very cheap to buy and service, they will use sea or canal water so don't deplete the potable supply. This arrangement is present on many sea boats including my own and works perfectly well.

You could fit a standard manual pump Jabsco sea toilet and plumb it to the holding tank, the pump has the action of breaking up solids and they are very cheap to buy and service, they will use sea or canal water so don't deplete the potable supply. This arrangement is present on many sea boats including my own and works perfectly well.

that solves the first part of the problem ......... but not the emptying of the tank ........ there must be another way t9717.gif

that solves the first part of the problem ......... but not the emptying of the tank ........ there must be another way t9717.gif

Well I just dump mine whilst at sea but I think I might object to that in the canal outside my gaff.3131stop.gif