Montgomery mooring

pearley

Featured Posts

Have a hospital appointment a week on Monday but the logistics of car hire, getting to Cambridge on Sunday and coming home and returning car mean I need somewhere to moor from Friday to Tuesday. We will be on the Llangollen around Ellesmere. Moorings there are likely to be a bit problematic, 48 hours as I recall, and no guarantee of space when you do. If we dropped down onto the Monty there is an arm just below Frankton Locks with a fair amount of space. Are these time restricted.

Edited by pearley

The moorings just past the marina at Ellesmere towards the tunnel are 14 days im sure, if not pop into the BW yard by the services and just let them know.

The ones by the services on the monty just below francton are 48 hrs im sure but ive again just give BW a bell, I know a couple of boats who have stayed longer

i was sat in the services arm for 5 days without a problem and yes they are 48hr moorings, you could go down and moor on the aquaduct, its not too far from the arm, theres also a free carpark there with no restrictions.

Edited by GoodGurl

We were in the Ellesmere arm last week and I am pretty sure that the moorings are 72 hours.

Steve

yes it is 72hrs in the arm but if you go past the marina towards the tunnel it's 14 days.

We had the same last year.

We moored in Whixhall marina (just 'downstream' of Ellesmere), the car hire firm (Enterprise) brought the car to the Marina, we dropped him off in Wrexham and carried on to Hospital in Nottingham.

Took the car back the following day and they delivered us back to the Marina.

Excellent service and not expensive.

Boat safe and sound behind locked gates. fill up with water, refuel, and have a pump-out (if needed) whilst there.

Thanks for the replies. The main reason for wanting to moor at Weston Services on the Monty was the close proximity to the car park as we take advantage of the hire car to restock the cupboards and the depleted wine cellar.

I've spoken the Jim Smith, the local enforcement officer who was as pleasant as can be and actually thanked me for letting him know. A big difference when I asked to overstay in Wolverhampton while waiting for an emergency dentist appointment where I was given the third degree and permission seemed grudgingly given.