Multiplayer gaming

Kharikola

Featured Posts

Hi! Is it possible to play mmo games over WiFi personal hotspot and Is 4G good enough please? Are there any solutions or will we have to wait for overall stronger signals?

Dunno, books, cards, chess and DVDs don't rely on a good signal if that's any help.

Hi! Is it possible to play mmo games over WiFi personal hotspot and Is 4G good enough please? Are there any solutions or will we have to wait for overall stronger signals?

The latency over 4G may be too slow for on-line games, nothing you can do will improve this.

Don't you find these modern games quite hard work, with soooooooo many options before you even get started you need a GCSE in science to even start. I recently found an x box game with 30 odd namco games from the 80s, what a pleasure to play a plug in and play game. Playing them Took me back to Spain being a happy 15 16 year old.

Darren

I have a friend who is moored at Datchet on the Thames.

He uses a mobile dongle thingy and we regularly play online together World of Tanks and World of Warships.

He has no problems at all with connection speed with a Ping of around 80 on Warships and a Ping of 120 for Tanks but thats because we use the North American server for that one.

No idea what mobile company he uses but i can ask if you need to know.

Don't you find these modern games quite hard work, with soooooooo many options before you even get started you need a GCSE in science to even start. I recently found an x box game with 30 odd namco games from the 80s, what a pleasure to play a plug in and play game. Playing them Took me back to Spain being a happy 15 16 year old.

Darren

I'm currently playing Elite Dangerous, the concept is similar to the 80's game of Elite but the graphics are hugely improved, as you would expect. Now an internet connection is required though so it's a bit tricky playing it anywhere other than at home,

I haven't tried to play on a mobile connection so I cannot comment on the OP. I would of thought it would be a bit laggy but I'm interested to hear what others have found

Edited by Dyad

I'm currently playing Elite Dangerous, the concept is similar to the 80's game of Elite but the graphics are hugely improved, as you would expect. Now an internet connection is required though so it's a bit tricky playing it anywhere other than at home,

I haven't tried to play on a mobile connection so I cannot comment on the OP. I would of thought it would be a bit laggy but I'm interested to hear what others have found

Its a beautiful big galaxy out there, Im currently at Hecate doing some serious 'rares' runs

Its a beautiful big galaxy out there, Im currently at Hecate doing some serious 'rares' runs

Sorry to go smiley_offtopic.gif

Glad to see I'm not the only "Elite" player, I've still got a lot to learn but love zapping the pirates at the resource extraction sites. Not done much trading or mining yet, I've just kitted out a Federal drop ship as a mining vessel but my fav so far is my Vulture build, can't afford the bigger ships yet.

• Greenie 1

I use a 3 mifi. Depends on area but I get 4g with pings under 60 and 50 meg download and about 20 meg upload. Played the cod series and loads of other stuff. I use my phone when travelling to check for decent Internet just before we moor up. I have an alienware laptop to keep the power down and link it to a keyboard and monitor.