Traders licence

bux

Featured Posts

How do I go about getting a roving traders licence. I want to sell jewelry and bags. No one need to come on boat. Any one know the costs involved or of a site that explains how to go about please

How do I go about getting a roving traders licence. I want to sell jewelry and bags. No one need to come on boat. Any one know the costs involved or of a site that explains how to go about please

Although no one will come ON the boat I assume you will display and sell from towpath.

Hi. The website does not give any information on traders licence really

I think the main point is if customers do not come on the boat you only need a private Boat Safety Certificate.

I got a boat safety cert. but I am sure I would still need a traders licence

There seems to be a lot of information there about the application procedures the licence costs etc. I guess if you have really specific question you would need to ask, the contact details are there as well.

The boat saftey point was in response to you saying customers would not need to come on your boatr, if they did them you would need a commercial boat saftey, but as they will not a private boat safety is all you need. This is all explained on the link I provided.

Although no one will come ON the boat I assume you will display and sell from towpath.

I asked because someone once asked me if they would need a traders licence to run a business from a boat. As in no customer ever came within a foot of the boat, all done by post.

There seems to be a lot of information there about the application procedures the licence costs etc. I guess if you have really specific question you would need to ask, the contact details are there as well.

The boat saftey point was in response to you saying customers would not need to come on your boatr, if they did them you would need a commercial boat saftey, but as they will not a private boat safety is all you need. This is all explained on the link I provided.

I will go back to the link as I have obviously missed some thing. So are you saying that of no need come on my boat. I could sell without a traders licence?

I will go back to the link as I have obviously missed some thing. So are you saying that of no need come on my boat. I could sell without a traders licence?

Selling in person on the towpath you need licence. Customers on or off boat means different safety certificate.

Try this for more help.

http://www.rcta.org.uk/

No I am saying you will be ok with an ordinary private boat safety certificate, you still need a traders licence, but it is a simpler process to apply if customers do not come on the boat, it is all explained on CRT's web site.

Have you read this page?

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/business-and-trade/boating-business/starting-or-expanding-a-boating-business/roving-traders

There looks to be lots of information and guidance there. But ultimately they want you to submit an operating proposal, and they will then decide if it is acceptable. For what you have described I can't really see any problem.

Although whether you will make enough money for it to be worthwhile is another matter. Only you can decide that.

• 3 weeks later...

The Roving Trader License is a tiny bit more expensive (about £70 on average) but its a small price to pay and an unexpected bonus is that as a trade boat you can zero declare on all your diesel which pays the extra several times over.