furniture buying on the go

Timx

Featured Posts

HI , just bought new boat for me, second hand, loving it second day on it, but has no seating apart from camping type chairs, approaching Braunston tomorrow, then Rugby next day, any ideas where how I can get a futon delivered to the boat nr rugby on Tuesday. Cheers.

HI , just bought new boat for me, second hand, loving it second day on it, but has no seating apart from camping type chairs, approaching Braunston tomorrow, then Rugby next day, any ideas where how I can get a futon delivered to the boat nr rugby on Tuesday. Cheers.

Make sure you can get it through the doors before you buy it

Brownsover between bridge 59 and 58 on the offside, small park but the delivery vehicle will need to go under a hight barrier (2 metres, I think) to get in.

I understand that a new water point has been installed, elsan also available in brick building, so that should be clear if no moorings available on park side, moor on opposite side and move across when futon arrives

Tesco's available within five minute walk if you need supplies.

You may need a postcode for any delivery, I sometimes use the nearest building, within sight of my boat, even then if it doesn't compute Royal mail will not deliver, most couriers will be more flexible, and chain store delivery drivers even more so. You can always get items delivered to a local boatyard or marina if they are friendly, or you buy stuff from them.

We bought a new mattress a year ago and the company were very helpful with the delivery. When you are spending several hundred pounds, it's amazing how friendly they get! We also gave a postcode for the nearest building (a Harvester, AIR) and a phone number with instructions to call when they arrived.