IWA are looking for a waterway manager

Tim Lewis

Featured Posts

Very poor grammar used in the description/requirements.

Well, they're Essex bods, not Cambridge dons. I did spot three errors in the text but none of them impeded my understanding of it.

But anyway, that's scarely the point: Tim posted it here, I am sure, because it's a job which may interest CWFers. It's a blooming good salary for a short working week too, though I would guess that those 35 hours would often be exceeded.

Edited by Athy

Couldn't agree more Athy. It's just typical of so much these days. If I was younger I'd apply.

Well, I spotted a repeated "is" in one sentence and an inability to decide whether "email" or "e-mail" was correct. There may have been a split infinitive too. I did not press the "Download" panel so I'm not sure if there were any further transgressions. Had this been an advert for a teaching job (except P.E.) such lax proof-reading would have been inexcusable (and yes, I HAVE seen worse blunders in adverts for teaching posts) but as it is, well as long as it communicates the facts to interested readers, that's probably sufficient.

I saw no age limit mentioned, by the way. Go for it!

They don't half go through some staff on that little waterway,obviously cant be the relaxing job it should be.

Do they, this is the first time it has been advertised in three years, the last vacancy (Heybridge lock keeper) was to replace someone who had held the position for six years.

Tim