Property with mooring

Sanddancer

Featured Posts

Either one is better than our local (Fox Inn at Thorpe Waterville).

Been a good while since we last ate there, Mr happy at the Kings Head Wadenhoe (w)couldn't accommodate us so we called the Fox, Mother in Law was happy so it must have been OK! Shame it sounds like its gone down hill. Walked back to the club along the river a couple of times after a huge feed and too many beers!

Most disappointing meal out was at the Wheatsheaf in Titchmarsh, overrated, overpriced style over substance. I'm sure everyone who raved about it to me did so to justify the rinsing their wallets had received!

The Fox is ok - say 7/10 on a good day but it is 20 yards from my house so that makes it an 8....

At risk of de-railing the thread completely, have you tried the Samuel Pepys at Slipton? Absolutely superb.

Oh I don't know, you shouldn't be so hard on the place, Upwell strikes me as a fine place to end up.

We like it, but it is a bit further afield than the OP's ideal location, hence my comment.

Is that one still for sale???

I thought it would have gone quite quickly.

ed - the answer it seems is yes it is.

Perhaps it's the neighbours who are putting prospective buyers off.

It was sold but then "unsold" so yes, it is back on the market. It's not a bad-looking place but in my opinion the lack of any fireplaces is holding it back. People around here do like their fire or stove.

We like it, but it is a bit further afield than the OP's ideal location, hence my comment.

Perhaps it's the neighbours who are putting prospective buyers off.

It was sold but then "unsold" so yes, it is back on the market. It's not a bad-looking place but in my opinion the lack of any fireplaces is holding it back. People around here do like their fire or stove.

A stove would be easy to add but you would likely end up with one of those unsightly external chimneys up the side of the house, though a house near us had a stove installed and encased his flue in a brick enclosure all the way up and although external it actually looked vey good as the bricks match very well.

A stove would be easy to add but you would likely end up with one of those unsightly external chimneys up the side of the house, though a house near us had a stove installed and encased his flue in a brick enclosure all the way up and although external it actually looked vey good as the bricks match very well.

You are quite right - but if you have just paid £325,000 for a brand new house you may be reluctant to shell out a few more thou for a stove + chimney!

The Fox is ok - say 7/10 on a good day but it is 20 yards from my house so that makes it an 8....

At risk of de-railing the thread completely, have you tried the Samuel Pepys at Slipton? Absolutely superb.

A diversion rather than a derailing? A tangent of houses by the cut - Pubs of the Nene Valley :)

Its a very long time since we went to the Samuel Pepys, we had a Christmas do there 16 years ago!

Mother in law lives just up the road in Grafton Underwood so we often drive past it, the car park is always busy which is usually a good sign.

You are quite right - but if you have just paid £325,000 for a brand new house you may be reluctant to shell out a few more thou for a stove + chimney!

And as the seller probably reluctant to shave the same off the price.

I did wonder who much that house would go on the market for, cheers MJG

I guess it all depends on how much you want a modern house with it's own mooring.

It's certainly easier to add a chimney and stove to a house than it is a mooring!

I guess it all depends on how much you want a modern house with it's own mooring.

It's certainly easier to add a chimney and stove to a house than it is a mooring!

Good point. I think the original price was higher but I can't remember exactly. I think that the sellers (who are local farmers rather than a big building company) have changed their estate agent. I don't blame them.

Not sure you have given any idea how much you want to spend.

I have not heard that this is not still for sale, and if you want a mooring or two, it comes with over 20.

Can't see the current listed price but it certainly wasn't cheap when referred to on here previously.

The downside is it has at least two grumpy mooting tennants..... (Us!)

Linky

Not sure you have given any idea how much you want to spend.

I have not heard that this is not still for sale, and if you want a mooring or two, it comes with over 20.

Can't see the current listed price but it certainly wasn't cheap when referred to on here previously.

The downside is it has at least two grumpy mooting tennants..... (Us!)

Linky

Hi,

I saw this property advertised about a month ago, same agents but split into 2 lots - house about £1.4m and the moorings about 500K.

Looked quite a reasonable buy to me.

OR.

The old HMRC building overlooking the Aylesbury basin is being converted to flats and those with views of the basin attract a premium price.

OR.

Buy one of the new houses being built by the new Aylesbury Boat Club moorings on the arm, join club and wait for a mooring..

I would probably buy the moorings at Weedon, and beat the tenants into shape.....

L

Hi,

I saw this property advertised about a month ago, same agents but split into 2 lots - house about £1.4m and the moorings about 500K.

Looked quite a reasonable buy to me.

That sounds rather odd, as I thought the original combined price for both was not hugely more than you are suggesting for just the house.

We moor there, but are not privy to how the sales is progressing, (or, maybe, isn't).

ISTR it was £1.5M for all.

I'm sure I have seen a listing since where the price tag had fallen below a million, but I don't know what that included.

Hard to split to house from the canal based business, as it sits between the main mooring basin and the "facilities", and you currently have to walk immediately past the living area of the house to get from one to the other.

I'm sure I have seen a listing since where the price tag had fallen below a million, but I don't know what that included.

Hard to split to house from the canal based business, as it sits between the main mooring basin and the "facilities", and you currently have to walk immediately past the living area of the house to get from one to the other.

http://search.fishergerman.co.uk/property/view/id/445549

http://m.fishergerman.co.uk/sale/property/development-plot-for-sale-in-heyford-lane-northampton-nn7/BAN150217

However it was offered as one lot for £1.5M as said.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-51308194.html

Edited by mark99

Ah that makes sense - on the version I saw for the house with the lower price tag, it listed the marina, but didn't, I believe, add the bit about "available by separate negotiation".

No wonder I thought the price had come down more than expected!

• 5 months later...