Empty Boats Littering The Cut

CDS

Featured Posts

Don't know what they mean but I am sure Tsinca is overwhelmed by Jenlyns generosity

if there is such a thing?

Well for a kick off you can give them to yourself which rather undervalues them as a means of gauging a members popularity.

That doesn't make sense. On one hand you say you feel like you're the scum of the earth, yet you say everyone you've met on the cut are great. I don't know who on earth you think looks down on you because you haven't got a home mooring, but I suspect it's something to do with your own sense of self-esteem! I can assure you that no-one on my mooring, or any of the other moorings I've had over the last thirty years has ever expressed any such sentiment, and it annoys the hell out of me that you think we do. I don't know where you're based, maybe we're just nicer people oop north. Every single boater I've met, CCer or leisure, has been quite well aware that the system is kept open because people use it all year round, not just for a week or two in the summer.

I suggest you take a good look at why you keep feeling like scum and stop blaming others for it. This whole CC v leisure boaters/home moorers concept is total rubbish and always has been, just as the shiny boaters v scruffy buggers was.

PS Me, I just totally despise anybody with a pump-out toilet, obviously. And rivets.

We are obviously based nowhere as We are Ccrs .. Its a shame that that you don't understand how we feel and I can assure you it has nothing to do with our self-esteem. But it is a fact that we are looked down on. . Next year we intend to cruise up North so lets just hope they are nicer and more understanding as you say they are. ps.Totally agree about the pump out toilet and rivets...

Well so long as they don't come on here and complain about other compliant boaters....

Only joking and I wasn't complaining about any compliant boaters

Well for a kick off you can give them to yourself which rather undervalues them as a means of gauging a members popularity.

Absolutely no interest,in the greenie or being patronised by yourself

Absolutely no interest,in the greenie or being patronised by yourself

My we are being sensitive!

What exactly do you perceive was patronising? I made a simple statement of fact not aimed at you nor anybody else.

I think you can get tax credits with rivets, hence the reason some have them.

Actually I have more important reasons for them than tax credits, as without I wouldn't have two boats, but just a very large pile of steel plates with holes drilled around the edges......

We are obviously based nowhere as We are Ccrs .. Its a shame that that you don't understand how we feel and I can assure you it has nothing to do with our self-esteem. But it is a fact that we are looked down on. . Next year we intend to cruise up North so lets just hope they are nicer and more understanding as you say they are. ps.Totally agree about the pump out toilet and rivets...

It's not a fact. Who do you think these people are who look down on you? And what reason might they have? You've got a boat and the freedom to travel the system. Me, I've got a mooring. So what? It's true I don't understand how you feel, and I can't understand why you think people look down on you. I could think that people look down on me because I've got a sixty year old boat without a rivet to my name and a home made paint job, but I've never met anyone yet who does. Most people who know anyone with a boat say things like "I wish i could do that, you lucky sod". This is not being looked down on. Everyone I've met on the water has been friendly and helpful rusty, shiny, Ccer, moorer, biscuit tin or yoghurt pot and over-stayer too. I've never understood this "us & them" feeling some seem to have, nor have I ever met it anywhere except on here, never on the cut. Although people have occasionally made comments about my trombone playing and my addiction to Leonard Cohen. Understandably.

Anyone, I'm sorry you feel that way. But if people genuinely do look down their noses, it says more about the noser than it does about the nosee.

• Greenie 4

Really? Seems your OP was complaining about dumpers without any evidence of non compliance...

Utter rubbish,I asked for comment on why you seem to see more of them nowadays

than in the past.I then wondered if it was down to marina fees or such like.Maybe you should read

the thread

Edited by CDS

Your loss. Of course if you had a boat with a proper bow it probably wouldn't have got caught and nearly sunk at Hilmorton.

Too true, the rivets would have popped off when the extended nut hit them.

(buy a hudson, get a sea searcher magnet free).

Edited by jenlyn

What? You mean like your thread title?

Empty boats littering the cut?its a thread title nothing to do with

compliance,I am not complaining about the littering aspect,just

asking is it economics that has caused the increase or other factors