Empty Boats Littering The Cut

CDS

Featured Posts

Ok. Let's stick to your original post.

Can you explain something for me? You state, (quote) I have seen these boats throughout the year being shuttled from place to place, (unquote).

Were they shuttled in the same areas as yourself? You have stated a period of 12 months.

I know when a boat is empty and I know when it has been shuttled about of that you can be certain.

I have cruised this year between Stoke Bruerne and Leighton Buzzard and have seen these boats in

various locations all empty i.e.not liveaboards.I have no issue with any of that,I just say there is more

of it than there used to be and invite comment on that.I well remember you saying on a previous thread

that CRT were noting this therefore I am surprised you haven't said more

Edited by CDS

I know when a boat is empty and I know when it has been shuttled about of that you can be certain.

I have cruised this year between Stoke Bruerne and Leighton Buzzard and have seen these boats in

various locations all empty i.e.not liveaboards.I have no issue with any of that,I just say there is more

of it than there used to be and invite comment on that

Ah right. I see.

You need some advice from Barry about posting detail. He gave me some yesterday. I did see his point. I can see it might help you to.

No that is not what I asked. I asked for specifics, not vague comments like 'usual suspects venting bile' anybody can say that. Who are these people please and what have they actually said. I am not saying they might not exist but we need to see exactly what the point is predicated on.

Your point is?you agree they may exist,do you expect him to name names.Its not as if he is alone in

his perception

I'd say the phenomenal rise in the numbers of dumpers is actually due to the rise in CRT charges for on-line moorings rather than marina prices being high.

On balance I'd say marina prices are slipping due to oversupply this last few years but on-line moorings that used to be a few hundred quid a decade ago are now regularly being priced above £2k by CRT these days... I reckon the dumpers are boaters how have given up their on-line moorings when the cost tripled rather than refugees from marinas.

A very good point. Online moorings are now scandalously expensive compared to a few years ago. Although I think that marina prices have had some effect (at least around our way) I believe that you are right in thinking that online moorings are the bigger problem.

Ah right. I see.

You need some advice from Barry about posting detail. He gave me some yesterday. I did see his point. I can see it might help you to.

You lost me I made it plain I thought.Mike the Boilerman makes a good point

it was comment like that I was interested in.

Edited by CDS

Your point is?you agree they may exist,do you expect him to name names.Its not as if he is alone in

his perception

My point is clear, rather than make vague unsubstantiated comments simply substantiate them.

It's not rocket science.

This forum never ceases to amaze me for the amount of whinging idiots and w****** who want to preach to others about what they should or should not be doing.

Live and let live. If someone's doing something wrong and if it bothers you that much by all means complain. Otherwise shut up.

No that is not what I asked. I asked for specifics, not vague comments like 'usual suspects venting bile' anybody can say that. Who are these people please and what have they actually said. I am not saying they might not exist but we need to see exactly what the point is predicated on.

Earth to MJG .. What exactly do you not see ?. As cds says most threads on Ccrs go from from Ccrs to Cmrs in no time at all ...

• Greenie 1

My point is clear, rather than make vague unsubstantiated comments simply substantiate them.

It's not rocket science.

Your simply saying to the poster "put your money where your mouth is"

Tsinca has said that anti continuous cruiser sentiment is being expressed

on this forum,that is his view he is entitled to it.You only have to read back

to Enforcement in Milton Keynes and you will find it.Indeed its not rocket science.

Earth to MJG .. What exactly do you not see ?. As cds says most threads on Ccrs go from from Ccrs to Cmrs in no time at all ...

I don't see you provide any evidence, that is what, I just see you telling me it's there but either unwilling or unable to actually name anybody.

Now as I said I am not saying there may not be a very small number of people who are anti CCers but I think you probably exaggerate the problem.

As for continuous moorers well let's not pretend they don't exist, but are people really saying they lump all boaters without a home mooring into that pot, really? Only someone with a serious persecution complex could belive that surely.

You are spot on .. We have now been retired and Ccrs for two and a half years and to say we feel like the scum of the waterways is an understatement.. Not just on this forum , but as soon as you mention that you don't have a home marina or home mooring people just look down their noses at you. Yes we have a shiny and newish boat , but as soon as you say that you are a Ccrs everything changes. Its such a shame as most of the Ccrs we have met have been the salt of the Earth and the most friendliest people we have ever met, My advice would be to ignore the few idiots on this forum that are anti Ccrs and come and join us genuine Ccrs and enjoy life on the cut with like minded people...

That doesn't make sense. On one hand you say you feel like you're the scum of the earth, yet you say everyone you've met on the cut are great. I don't know who on earth you think looks down on you because you haven't got a home mooring, but I suspect it's something to do with your own sense of self-esteem! I can assure you that no-one on my mooring, or any of the other moorings I've had over the last thirty years has ever expressed any such sentiment, and it annoys the hell out of me that you think we do. I don't know where you're based, maybe we're just nicer people oop north. Every single boater I've met, CCer or leisure, has been quite well aware that the system is kept open because people use it all year round, not just for a week or two in the summer.

I suggest you take a good look at why you keep feeling like scum and stop blaming others for it. This whole CC v leisure boaters/home moorers concept is total rubbish and always has been, just as the shiny boaters v scruffy buggers was.

PS Me, I just totally despise anybody with a pump-out toilet, obviously. And rivets.

Edited by Arthur Marshall
  • Greenie 1

That doesn't make sense. On one hand you say you feel like you're the scum of the earth, yet you say everyone you've met on the cut are great. I don't know who on earth you think looks down on you because you haven't got a home mooring, but I suspect it's something to do with your own sense of self-esteem! I can assure you that no-one on my mooring, or any of the other moorings I've had over the last thirty years has ever expressed any such sentiment, and it annoys the hell out of me that you think we do. I don't know where you're based, maybe we're just nicer people oop north. Every single boater I've met, CCer or leisure, has been quite well aware that the system is kept open because people use it all year round, not just for a week or two in the summer.

I suggest you take a good look at why you keep feeling like scum and stop blaming others for it. This whole CC v leisure boaters/home moorers concept is total rubbish and always has been, just as the shiny boaters v scruffy buggers was.

PS Me, I just totally despise anybody with a pump-out toilet, obviously. And rivets.

Exactly this.

to Enforcement in Milton Keynes and you will find it.Indeed its not rocket science.

I sometimes wonder if Rocket science has reached certain members of this Forum.... Ps That was cutting wit and not sarcasm

I don't see you provide any evidence, that is what, I just see you telling me it's there but either unwilling or unable to actually name anybody.

Now as I said I am not saying there may not be a very small number of people who are anti CCers but I think you probably exaggerate the problem.

As for continuous moorers well let's not pretend they don't exist, but are people really saying they lump all boaters without a home mooring into that pot, really? Only someone with a serious persecution complex could belive that surely.

Only someone with a serious persecution complex could belive that surely.. . So who do you think that might be ????

Well I think it does need rocket science as that thread appears to have been removed.

Any others?

I sometimes wonder if Rocket science has reached certain members of this Forum.... Ps That was cutting wit and not sarcasm

You have upset Arthur Marshall and MJG but got a Greenie from Jenlyn,so its not all bad

I admit to not liking false rivets and stinking cassettes.

Only someone with a serious persecution complex could belive that surely.. . So who do you think that might be ????

Well if the cap fits?

For the avoidance of doubt that is not a remark attributable to all CCers before you suggest it, just you.

Well I think it does need rocket science as that thread appears to have been removed.

Any others?

It gets a bit divisive at times Martin,for some people continuous cruiser equals continuous moorer and it gets a bit much after a while

thats all

Where are you heading next year?

I work so like many others in that position,I try and stay compliant.

A few Romanians have approached me about renting the boat so

I may go that route

It gets a bit divisive at times Martin,for some people continuous cruiser equals continuous moorer and it gets a bit much after a while

thats all

well all asked was who these 'some people are'.