Missing boat - Holly - NOW FOUND!

Pie Eater

Featured Posts

Has a boat bin missing???????? he he he he he he he he. I lost a windless on the Macclesfield can you all keep a look out for it? Photo to follow, tho it cud have been repainted to disguise it by now.

Ive also got a mouthy girlfriend who isnt to good with the locks these days. I'm planning to lose her next trip out but if anyone does find her can you please phone the local knackers yard and not me. Thanks

Sittuation vacant soon - Must be sturdy girl and able to get a round in. Please send C.V. and photo to ..................................

Edited by Maverick

well whatever the state of the man at least the boat is in one piece, its truly fantastic news thats its been found, he managed to have plenty of time on the boat but its all at an end now, well done and congratulations to all involved in finding it, and all the support from this forum, just goes to show that boating is a kind pastime with some of the nicest people around

well whatever the state of the man at least the boat is in one piece, its truly fantastic news thats its been found, he managed to have plenty of time on the boat but its all at an end now, well done and congratulations to all involved in finding it, and all the support from this forum, just goes to show that boating is a kind pastime with some of the nicest people around

After reading all 33 pages of this topic and laughing so much....I'm now considering moving to live on the canal. Can anybody tell me if its hard to get a mooring and a boat (live aboard) to rent on a trial basis? Is a nurse so would like to try before I buy

Jo

Interestingly it was in the pound above Pidgeon lock on Sunday that I encountered that speeding boat I mentioned earlier... :lol:

hahahahahaha That post had me in stitches for hours.....

After reading all 33 pages of this topic and laughing so much....I'm now considering moving to live on the canal. Can anybody tell me if its hard to get a mooring and a boat (live aboard) to rent on a trial basis? Is a nurse so would like to try before I buy

Jo

I would suggest that is a whole new topic in it's own right. Why not start a new one in 'Living afloat?'

Jon

hi guys & girls

great news that Holly has been found.. well done to everyone involved...

but i guess life sure will be a little less exciting now the chase is over...

i suppose i'd better sand and paint that well deck this weekend after all.. and a neighbour wants

me to help him bodge an alternator installation on his Lister CE2 so that it still charges at it's rediculous 150rpm tickover..!!

oh well, at least i've got a stack of firelighters for the wood stove over the next few weeks.. Holly posters i'd printed

to hand out on the Coventry and the Ashby this weekend.. but i'll save one as a souveneir..!! :lol:

p.s. if anyone fancies another mystery, ITV Evening News right now is following a story of a seagoing catamaran sailing yacht

found abandoned.. no sign of crew.. and with dinner waiting on the table...

well done again..

best regards

Dodgy Dave of Ocker Hill

'Make Mine A Magners'

I think a much more detailed update will follow, probably on Monday when normal service is resumed. Until then, its just great news that the boat has been found.

Jon

Any port (or colour!) in a storm? He probably knew we were all looking for blue, and it would be difficult to do a half-decent job with any other colour. Having said that I am not sure if Trish meant painting the whole boat black, or just the gunnels, sides etc because in the 'blue' picture they didn't appear to have been done.

Jon

Any port (or colour!) in a storm? He probably knew we were all looking for blue, and it would be difficult to do a half-decent job with any other colour. Having said that I am not sure if Trish meant painting the whole boat black, or just the gunnels, sides etc because in the 'blue' picture they didn't appear to have been done.

Jon

Whats a gunnel?

Great news about Holly, bet Middlewich are pleased.

Mind you, after the boat is put back as she was, the first few hirers aren't going to have a very quiet relaxing canal holiday are they. They will be spotted, recognised and reported on their every movement!!!!!

What will the film of this story be called then?

"Middlewich and the Amazing Multicoloured Green Boat" a film where "Showboat" meets "Paint Your Wagon"!!!!!

Gunnell - Where the boat meets the water line normally.

Jon - Do you think it would be worth CLOSING this posting now the boat has been found. Personally it is full of repeated information.

Great News thought the boat is found. Will wait for the Update, Happy Weekend to All...

A gunnel is the narrowbit around the outside of the (normally) black part of the narrowboat, it's the bit that you can carefully walk down the side on!

(a bit difficult to explain, can anyone else do any better?)

Jon

I don't see the need to close the thread yet, I think it only fair the people get to comment on it still, after all it's been a big issue for a number of weeks and unless the posts get to the stage where they are likely to damage a criminal case, then I think it can fade out like any other post...

Jon

A Gunnel is a thing that a ventriloquist uses to put liquid into a small opening!

:lol: isn't that a funnel????

A gunnel is the narrowbit around the outside of the (normally) black part of the narrowboat, it's the bit that you can carefully walk down the side on!

(a bit difficult to explain, can anyone else do any better?)

Jon

Thanks for explaining, I recognise it now. i thought it was a board walk lol. Good to know

What will the film of this story be called then?

"Middlewich and the Amazing Multicoloured Green Boat" a film where "Showboat" meets "Paint Your Wagon"!!!!!

Personally I like the name suggested above - Lock, Dock and 2 months of e-mails!

I guess it will take a while before she is able to be hired out again, any damage will need to be reveresed and a re-paint into Middlewich livery (again!)

I wonder if bookings will increase!

my understanding of the gunwhale/gunnel is the part , the deck that you stand on, refering to the side deck the side of boat that is on the side of the boat under the deck you walk on but not where its blacked, on the inside, my understanding is the lower half of the boat onn mie i have tongue and groove above and just plain wood below, if that is right

???????

Interestingly it was in the pound above Pigeon lock on Sunday that I encountered that speeding boat I mentioned earlier... :lol:

Jo

What's so funny about that?! :blink: The concept of a speeding canal boat? :clapping:

Jo

What's so funny about that?! :lol: The concept of a speeding canal boat? :blink:

It was the whole idea of a speeding 7mph canal boat with go faster stripes and 90 foot long having been sawn up after been nicked from club 18/30 cruisers who then went back to the pub hahahaha/ seriously hysterical post