Vintage Engines: Which ones are the simplest to maintain?

anniedesigner

Featured Posts

Though not a vintage engine. With a modern RN you don't need a day tank. You can put a sealed cooling system with a calorifier in . With a PRM gearbox, you can use a morse control if you wish. They start with a push of a button, and they need no more work than a modern engine when it comes to servicing. Plus you get the look and sound of a vintage engine

Armstrong Siddeleys are pretty simple although not on the list. spares however........like hens teeth!

there are spares out their, But you have to look...... you can't phone the main dealers, ( not since 1957 ! )

Always looking for cylinder heads ( to recondition ) ( cash paid. )

• 6 years later...

I went for a BMC 1500 Diesel, simply because it's the only engine I know of the ones you quoted. Had a few old Minis, a Morris Minor & an MGB so I know how to do all the basic tasks on 'em. There are lots of second hand spares knocking about for them too, so because my budget is seriously limited I thought that was a good option.