Does this get the record for an unfinished project?

MoominPapa

Featured Posts

I viewed it in September, while boat/cat sitting for Wanted and his sweet little family. Spent an hour rumaging around inside and out and on the neighboring boat. There's a boat for everyone and this one ticked all my boxes. Except for the pricetag. I specially liked the small portholes, like beady little eyes :-) Felt nice and safe not to have any window large enough to bash in and crawl into. Definetly not dark inside because of the 3 bulls eyes, or what those prisms things are called. One in the back cabin and two in the front lounge area. There's a side hatch where I'd put the kitchen and the darkish stretch after the engine is where I'd the bath and corridor past it. No wholes drilled for plumbing so one can still put everything where it would work best for who ever buys it in the end.

Is it a little like older cars where they were rated as 10hp or 12hp etc? I think it was in reference to their bore, and not directly linked to power as in brake horsepower.

Could well be. I remember when I was a boy that my "Observer's Book Of Automobiles" gave both a horsepower and a Brake horsepower for each car. Typically, if it was a 10 hp then its bhp would be perhaps 30 or 40.

Even before that, my Dad told me, there were R.A.C. horsepower, which were simply a calculation of how much road tax you had to pay on the car, like the French "chevaux fiscaux". These were based solely on cubic capacity.

Caprifool, you like a boat with beady little eyes? Creepy! But as you say, it goes to show that there is a boat for everyone and a person for every boat..

Edited by Athy

Could well be. I remember when I was a boy that my "Observer's Book Of Automobiles" gave both a horsepower and a Brake horsepower for each car. Typically, if it was a 10 hp then its bhp would be perhaps 30 or 40.

Even before that, my Dad told me, there were R.A.C. horsepower, which were simply a calculation of how much road tax you had to pay on the car, like the French "chevaux fiscaux". These were based solely on cubic capacity.

Caprifool, you like a boat with beady little eyes? Creepy! But as you say, it goes to show that there is a boat for everyone and a person for every boat..

I think 10hp equalled 1litre capacity.

ETA: Though glancing at Wiki it's not that simple, first Austin 7 was 696cc and rated at 7.2 hp by the RAC, later it was increased to 747cc and RAC rated at 10.5 hp.

Scary power...

Edited by nb Innisfree