Zebu sunk in Albert Dock

TheBiscuits

Featured Posts

A bit of a fag packet calculation suggests that that a 1.5" hole at 1ft below the waterline would give you about 44m³ per hour

I'll let you convert that to gallons per hour

And then look at your bilge pump and worry

A 1.5" hole is a BIG hole though. Not really the sort of thing that happens when a boat is moored up, I would think.

At least a bilge pump throwing a pretty powerful jet of water out of the side of the hull might have drawn someone's attention to the fact that something was amiss.

A 1.5" hole is a BIG hole though. Not really the sort of thing that happens when a boat is moored up, I would think.

I've had it happen to me on a moored boat. Bronze skin-fitting sheared outboard of the gate valve. Though it wasn't as big as that

I used the hole size suggested in a previous post

Had I been aboard when mine went I'd have used one of my still unused set of wooden plugs

At least a bilge pump throwing a pretty powerful jet of water out of the side of the hull might have drawn someone's attention to the fact that something was amiss.

You'd hope so but apparently no-one noticed my bilge pumps working. I was lucky that it wasn't too deep

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...