DAB car radio sleep timer

emlclcy

Featured Posts

Bit of a long shot but I've used my pure dab radio as a radio alarm clock for years but that function only works when plugged into 240. Is there a dab car radio with a sleep alarm function? I guess it doesn't ring true with a car!

Yes that would be a good idea. When driving to Manchester one could set the alarm to wake you up when you get there!

I have a Pure One Elite (well several actually) and I'm intrigued now. Was planning to buy a battery pack for it specifically so I could use it for the radio alarm function on the boat and didn't occur to me it might not work. Is this the same Pure DAB radio you have? If so I'll save my dosh!

My Dab Pure One alarm and sleep timer both work - I've got in plugged straight into the 12v

I'd expect it to as the 240v power supply is a 12v DC converter, so the radio can't tell the difference between the being connected to a 240Vac supply and the 12V boat electrics.

I was imagining the OP meant his didn't work when running on the rechargeable internal battery pack. If so then plugging into the boat 12V would fix that as you say.

I'd expect it to as the 240v power supply is a 12v DC converter, so the radio can't tell the difference between the being connected to a 240Vac supply and the 12V boat electrics.

I was imagining the OP meant his didn't work when running on the rechargeable internal battery pack. If so then plugging into the boat 12V would fix that as you say.

yes, thats what i meant - assuming the OP's is a 12v model he could try this

the radios a pure evoke 2s which has an internal battery and a mains I/p also. when in mains mode (the volume of the radio goes up) the alarm function works, when in battery mode the alarm function does not work but the sleep function does.

I was just wondering if a car radio had this functionality as the boat has one all wired in with speakers in the bedroom

its not a big deal

like it!

sometimes you cant see the wood for the trees!!

simple ideas are always the ...

I bought a Tesco DAB/FM alarm clock for £20. Runs off 5V, wakes you gently, then turns the volume up. Falls back to FM if no DAB can also be programmed to wake with a 'bong'

I couldn't find a car radio with a timer....

I bought a Tesco DAB/FM alarm clock for £20. Runs off 5V, wakes you gently, then turns the volume up. Falls back to FM if no DAB can also be programmed to wake with a 'bong'

I couldn't find a car radio with a timer....

Where are you getting the 5v from?!