Things you wouldn't have on boat again.

Featured Posts

Earwigs

We once were infested with them, they were lurking in the tiniest cracks & crevices. As soon as it got dark out they came, we spent night after night sat waiting for them to appear then vacuuming them up, there were hundreds of the little blighters :(

Gave me nightmares, I now keep a good lookout for them & any spotted are soon dispensed with. urgh.......

We once were infested with them, they were lurking in the tiniest cracks & crevices. As soon as it got dark out they came.

Woodlice powder would have taken care of them. A good sprinkle around the place, leave it for the night and vacuum it and the dead insects up in the morning. Some of the insects would have carried a small amount of the powder back to their brethren hiding in the cracks. Also works well on wasps nests, but some insects such as masonry bees seem to be smart enough to know when they're poisoned and not return to the hive.

An Alde 2829 gas c/h boiler (the long thin one) it was inefficient and went boom every time it lit. It struggled to cope with 3 small radiators and as for the calorifier it took all day to heat that. All while using a prodigious amount of gas. Finally it sprung a leak round the back where I couldn't see it and soaked the floor. Good ridance

Top Cat

Woodlice powder would have taken care of them. A good sprinkle around the place, leave it for the night and vacuum it and the dead insects up in the morning. Some of the insects would have carried a small amount of the powder back to their brethren hiding in the cracks. Also works well on wasps nests, but some insects such as masonry bees seem to be smart enough to know when they're poisoned and not return to the hive.

Mr Dave, I think you mean a mason bee. Nudge nudge, wink wink.

Edited by Peter Reed