lancaster, boat broken into......

old_git

Featured Posts

My first visit to the Lancaster, not a good start, had to leave the boat for 2 weeks, so moored up near Salwick Hall, returned to find the boat had been burgled, all the electrical stuff gone, items of clothing, tools, even my ancient push bike. So we decided to move away from the area and found a spot near bridge 30, moved the car up to a pull in on Blackleach Lane, only to find the next morning the passenger window smashed and the princely sum of £2 taken from the ashtray, am I unlucky, or is this a secret crime hot spot?

Do I get the next Ribble link booking or stay for the winter?

Steve

You left the boat within a hop, skip & jump of a very well known council estate. It's well known for the wrong reasons

edit. Having looked at the map you should have been safe as you were further out than I thought.

Edited by bigste

Very bad news and very unlucky I would say; reports of thefts and break-ins are not very common on this canal. However, nowhere is immune and the only items I have had stolen from my boat (from the roof, not broken into thankfully) were on this canal despite mooring in various places all over the country. I would say it is opportunistic and bad luck. Where exactly was your boat moored when broken into?

Edited by rgreg

You left the boat within a hop, skip & jump of a very well known council estate. It's well known for the wrong reasons

edit. Having looked at the map you should have been safe as you were further out than I thought.

Well known by whom though? How is a stranger to the area supposed to know which areas are good and bad? Apart from the obvious signs.....

It never thought that a couple of quid was enough for someone to break a window for. I feel for you.

. Crackheads work on bags of brown, a bag of brown costs £10, so five cars left miles from anywhere with a handful of change on show, equals one bag of brown with very low risk of capture, don't try looking from your perspective, as a normal human, they are predatory and like all predictors they want reward without risk,so hide your change and anything else out of site,even an empty bag is enough to get your window done, just to check what's in it