CD's about living on board?

stephsol

Featured Posts

Hi All,

Have been reading some of the forums about living aboard and noticed one comment to search the web for that info first before committing yourself hmmm?

So I came across http://guides.livingonanarrowboat.co.uk/on my first hit.

Its on offer of a few discs covering a whole lot of stuff and is quite cheap really........has anyone bought it ? and, is it as informative as it sounds, or just a sales orientated spinner?

Regards

Steph

Ps - and is it up to date?

PPs- thats livingonanarrowboat.

Edited by stephsol

I agree with having a look at Youtube,a whole variety of stuff on there about living on a narrowboat.

Trina

. I normally watch a YouTube vid on boating, when having a bath, 365 baths a year and I've been doing it for a few years,so yes loads on there, well recommended Dan brown, a very refreshing young man, his enthusiasm is endless

Are they anything to do with Paul (surname could be James but i can't remember offhand), until recently an employee of Calcutt Marina, whose weekly-ish 'Living On A Narrowboat' newsletter (available by e-mail) is full of sound advice laced with humour?

. I normally watch a YouTube vid on boating, when having a bath, 365 baths a year and I've been doing it for a few years,so yes loads on there, well recommended Dan brown, a very refreshing young man, his enthusiasm is endless

It was the Dan Brown vids I was thinking of -very entertaining & useful.

Edited by The Bearwood Boster

Are they anything to do with Paul (surname could be James but i can't remember offhand), until recently an employee of Calcutt Marina, whose weekly-ish 'Living On A Narrowboat' newsletter (available by e-mail) is full of sound advice laced with humour?

I just discovered his website - he's straight out of the Chris Cardell school of marketing.

I nearly clicked the 'Buy' button but thought I might check out what you guys thought of him first!

I just discovered his website - he's straight out of the Chris Cardell school of marketing.

I nearly clicked the 'Buy' button but thought I might check out what you guys thought of him first!

Paul lives at Calcutt and has the pleasure of landlines, WiFi etc. So it's really living in a floating flat, some useful bits and told with a sense of humour.

Dan lives aboard out on the cut, so may be more useful for the nitty gritty.

Edited by matty40s

Paul lives at Calcutt and has the pleasure of landlines, WiFi etc. So it's really living in a floating flat, some useful bits and told with a sense of humour.

Dan lives aboard out on the cut, so may be more useful for the nitty gritty.

As Paul has now retired from his job there, I thought that he and Sally had gone CCing, but I could be mistaken.

• 2 weeks later...

this months news letter was funny! he took a photo of a n/b in a siding that had been back filled so they were not connected to the canal and paid no license!! far out!

this months news letter was funny! he took a photo of a n/b in a siding that had been back filled so they were not connected to the canal and paid no license!! far out!

Yes, we have passed that boat a few times and it seems an odd thing to have done, but then have you ever met a boater who's normal?

Not all the news was funny, though, full marks to Paul for having written it at all under the circumstances.