Minimum distance? The enforcement officers have it in black and white.

Doodlebug

Featured Posts

1.was any information provided to you on your arrival??

2. The number on the bottom of the sign is now the 030304040404040404040 number.

The sign is on the Tesco stretch - and has never been enforced, as it can't be, just like the same sign at Kensal Green.

What does the law say then. I'm summarising it and not quoting directly and since no one has actually said a word about our mooring pattern I'm not investing time to make a relaxed conversation 100% legally correct.

You know this already I'm sure...

It says:

(3)Notwithstanding anything in any enactment but subject to subsection (7) below, the Board may refuse a relevant consent in respect of any vessel unless—

(a)the applicant for the relevant consent satisfies the Board that the vessel complies with the standards applicable to that vessel;

(b)an insurance policy is in force in respect of the vessel and a copy of the policy, or evidence that it exists and is in force, has been produced to the Board; and

©either—

(i)the Board are satisfied that a mooring or other place where the vessel can reasonably be kept and may lawfully be left will be available for the vessel, whether on an inland waterway or elsewhere; or

(ii)the applicant for the relevant consent satisfies the Board that the vessel to which the application relates will be used bona fide for navigation throughout the period for which the consent is valid without remaining continuously in any one place for more than 14 days or such longer period as is reasonable in the circumstances.

Honestly, you are your own worst enemy. The law does NOT say that, or anything like.

The law states

the applicant for the relevant consent satisfies the Board that the vessel to which the application relates will be used bona fide for navigation throughout the period for which the consent is valid without remaining continuously in any one place for more than 14 days or such longer period as is reasonable in the circumstances.

Now that looks to me like it says you can't stay for more than 14 days and you need to be on a continuous cruise.

I dont follow how you think that says something different.

The bit you quote only applies to boats without a home mooring.

Ok - you were abit picky then! We have no home mooring so the bit I quoted was correct.

And yes, 14 days per year for someone with a home mooring nearby is seemingly unfair. I assume that none of those signs are lawful?

Ok, yes you are right, but now I can't work out whether you are arguing against my point that the whole thing is a little unclear and unfair, or whether you agree and are just arguing for the sake of it :)

Its like saying Grass is not green, its actually Hex code #458B00. Its still green.

Ok, yes you are right, but now I can't work out whether you are arguing against my point that the whole thing is a little unclear and unfair, or whether you agree and are just arguing for the sake of it smile.png

Its like saying Grass is not green, its actually Hex code #458B00. Its still green.

Given his initial post, it's quite clear what he was upto, quite simply mischief making.

I am intrigued by the sign in MtBs post No.295.

This would have to apply to all boats including hire and shared, and therefore puts people using these boats latter in the season / year at a disadvantage if other uses have already used up the boats 14 day quota.

How does the conversation go in this case when the the newly arrived boater contacts the waterway office "Im terribly sorry sir / madam your boat has already been registered at this location 14 days this year, you have to move on"?

I an certain I read in another post in the past week that C&RT were quoted as saying words to the effect that that once a boat had returned to its mooring / hire base and then departs on its next voyage that the clock starts again?

I'll be honest. I'm totally confused as to who is right, who is wrong, who cares, who is just sticking their opinions in, who is trying to be helpful, who wants an argument, who is being sarcastic and who actually knows what they are talking about.

I know almost nothing about enforcement and the law. I'm only making conversation based on anecdotal information. I suspect this is true of most - and therefore somewhat pointless!

What does the law say then. I'm summarising it and not quoting directly and since no one has actually said a word about our mooring pattern I'm not investing time to make a relaxed conversation correct.

there, I've corrected your post for you

Edited by Dave Clinton

Many people keep saying...CRT are bahaving unlawfully, but not many boaters are going to take CRT to court so they can do and enforce what they like....surely this is the reality of it.

could someone tell me how to ask CRT for their recorded sighting of my boat since May? I'm interested to see it.

Many people keep saying...CRT are bahaving unlawfully, but not many boaters are going to take CRT to court so they can do and enforce what they like....surely this is the reality of it.

could someone tell me how to ask CRT for their recorded sighting of my boat since May? I'm interested to see it.

Email customer service it can take up to 40 days now under the new regime. This is really handy for those boaters given 42 days notice that they are to being issued with a 3 or 6 month licence maybe only 2 days to correct any mistakes CRT have madem Edited by cotswoldsman

With regards to my other post are CRT going to make the Metric year 10 months to fit in with their Kilometres and what will they do about the 14 days will it be 10 days

Dean surely every time you went on the Bridgewater restarted your CRT clock

More like CRT won't take many boaters to court because they know they will lose or have to pull out (as seems to have been the case so far). It's up to you to decide whether the reality it to do everything CRT says, or just abide by the law.

I believe you can request a sighting report via the usual CRT help line.

Edited by bassplayer

With regards to my other post are CRT going to make the Metric year 10 months to fit in with their Kilometres and what will they do about the 14 days will it be 10 days

Dean surely every time you went on the Bridgewater restarted your CRT clock

I was only on the Bridgewater for a total of 12 days. (7 days free, 5 days overstay, 3 knocks on boat, moved above lock 92). I then spent quite a bit of time at lock 92 contemplating where to cruise, and decided to go up the Rochdale. I've no idea if during that time I was logged or not, and whether or not I am a good boater or naughty boater.

John...40days???? you can't be serious.

I understand in the case of CC-ing, .....I'm just trying to work out some sort of cruising plan for myself, having left the marina for a few months...but not wanting to cruise to far...and no intention of going back to the marina at all during that time....all though if I did it would be for personal reasons, not under any duress.....it's looking like my cruising pattern is going to be 2km, 2km, 2km...6kms to the first place...and repeat....

etc

A bit off topic, but:

Dean, I know you currently on the Manchester side of Summit, and have to commute. If you were to go over the top, to Todmorden you won't add many minutes to your journey.

If you go on to Mytholmroyd, then you can change your commute by going up through Cragg Vale, onto the A58, and straight back down to Littleborough. Hardly any distance in a car.

This would give you so many more mooring opportunities, and some absolutely stunning scenery. Have a drive down there, and see what you are missing.