Busy Day On Breydon Water

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/would_you_pay_47_250_for_this_car_someone_in_king_s_lynn_did_1_4119866

Saw this on the link above.

NC been buying cars again?

Bod

laugh.png

Had not spotted that!

We have got enough on our plate with one old Sierra, don't need another one.

Trying to convince ours to go back on the road proper tomorrow. It's booked in for an MOT wacko.pngunsure.pngblink.png

Another busy day for the guys on Breydon.

This hire boat is so far out of the channel they reckon it will be a few weeks before they can refloat it.

1897839_605659592907437_1949603483699308

11698447_605659616240768_821915181874952

The boats stag do crew were rescued by dinghy across the mud.

Another busy day for the guys on Breydon.

This hire boat is so far out of the channel they reckon it will be a few weeks before they can refloat it.

1897839_605659592907437_1949603483699308

11698447_605659616240768_821915181874952

There's a full moon this Thursday night (2 July) so each successive HW from now will a little higher than the previous one, with the biggest tide of this present fortnightly cycle (the 4th tide after the full moon) being next Saturday.

Why do you, and these people, think it will be "a few weeks" before this boat can be refloated ?

There's a full moon this Thursday night (2 July) so each successive HW from now will a little higher than the previous one, with the biggest tide of this present fortnightly cycle (the 4th tide after the full moon) being next Saturday.

Why do you, and these people, think it will be "a few weeks" before this boat can be refloated ?

Because of how far out of the channel the boat has managed to dig its furrow through the mud.

The picture below shows just how far out of the channel they have made it!

Tug Titan and Spirit of Breydon on scene in the picture but not much hope of reaching it as of yet!

image.jpg

If you have an issue with their plans perhaps you should contact Gorleston Lifeboat station who coordinated the rescue of the crew. Perhaps they would really like you to tell them what they should be doing. rolleyes.gif

• Greenie 4

Because of how far out of the channel the boat has managed to dig its furrow through the mud. ------------- Irrelevant

The picture below shows just how far out of the channel they have made it! ---------------- Irrelevant

Tug Titan and Spirit of Breydon on scene in the picture but not much hope of reaching it as of yet! ----------- So why are they there, just so that they can hang about for 'a few weeks' ?

image.jpg

If you have an issue with their plans perhaps you should contact Gorleston Lifeboat station who coordinated the rescue of the crew. Perhaps they would really like you to tell them what they should be doing. rolleyes.gif

I don't have an 'issue' with anything Gorleston Lifeboat have done, that's something that has been introduced into this by you alone, and is equally as irrelevant as your other comments.

The question I asked, to which you're clearly unable to provide a sensible answer, is why should recovery of the stranded boat be "a few weeks" away when there's a full moon this coming Thursday ?

Are you aware of the influence of the moon on the height of tides, or is it the moon's influence that's encouraging you to produce this latest outbreak of drivel, and bad advice, both here and in other recent topics.

Ps.

There's a comment in the local ( East Anglian) Press, attributed to the Broads Authority, to the effect that it will be two or three days ( that's this coming Friday or Saturday if you're having difficulties with the arithmetic) before the tide will be high enough to float the boat off, . . . . . . so perhaps you would like to contact them and tell them that they've got it wrong.

Edited by Tony Dunkley
  • Greenie 2

Yes!

Not that it is any of your business, much like the choices of our lifeboat services are none of yours either.

I would say it is pretty bad form to publicly dismiss their choices.

I can't make any sense of that Post at all.

You're obviously having some difficulties due to the forthcoming full moon. However, some help may be available for you, and the three people who voted up your post #7, from here . . . . . . www.hairypalms&bayingatthemoon.nuts

Edited by Tony Dunkley

What is not to understand?

You asked a question and I answered it.

I assume the people who have liked my post agree with it. Why would that make the sort that bark at the moon?

Or do you just insult everyone and everything that disagrees with you?

• Greenie 1

I see Tony is sparring for a fight again, I just wish he would get a life or a new hobby as he is getting really boring and just leaves a bad taste in the mouth with his constant sniping.

Phil

Seems your attempting to join in?

I see Tony is sparring for a fight again, I just wish he would get a life or a new hobby as he is getting really boring and just leaves a bad taste in the mouth with his constant sniping.

Phil

If you're so offended by my asking someone why they're posting nonsense, and "sparring for a fight" and "sniping" by pointing out that others, in this instance the Broads Authority, don't concur with the nonsense either, then perhaps you should just ignore my posts in future, instead of indulging in pointless sniping yourself.

Bored again Anthony?

I hear Kris is bored also. Go and give him a hug.

Instead of putting stupid and childish remarks on this thread, your time would be better spent in correcting or withdrawing, the irresponsible and bad advice with which you misled CygnusV in the ''GOOLE:: Is this right ?'' Topic on 26 June.

The tidal river advice you post is either simply wrong, and sometimes risky for anyone who may follow it, or consists of meaningless phrases that appear sound on the face of it, but in fact, don't amount to advice that is of any use at all, particularly to novices . . . . . " work out your tide timings" is a prime example of some of your (non) advice to people who, like yourself, have absolutely no idea of how to do that.

No it isn't.

I still stand firmly by that advice.

The only one showing any signs of childish behaviour is you Anthony. Now go and argue with someone else, preferably yourself in a dark corner where you won't bother anyone.

No it isn't.

I still stand firmly by that advice.

The only one showing any signs of childish behaviour is you Anthony. Now go and argue with someone else, preferably yourself in a dark corner where you won't bother anyone.

The question asked by CygnusV : -

"We're doing the Ouse for the first time, Naburn to Ocean Lock back end of July or early August and wanted to arrive at Ocean lock at the best time to be there. Just looking for advice."

Your response : -

"I would anchor in the mouth of the Aire. Nice spot for a spot of lunch.

Our timings will be of little use to anyone else as we wait for high water and plane on top of the tide.

Failing that there is also the option of taking the ebb to Trent End and anchoring there, then taking the next flood tide back up to Goole.

Again our timings wont be relevant to a displacement vessel but we let the tide run in for 20 minutes and then plane up the Ouse to Goole."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Not only have you omitted to mention the extensive drying areas at Aire mouth where you suggest anchoring over the LW period, but you've also managed to avoid giving any advice at all on how CygnusV can ensure arriving at Goole at Free Tide Time, after coming downriver from Naburn.

Would you care now to reconsider the anchoring advice, and post all the missing or non-existent information that you are so keen to 'stand firmly by' ?

Nb. CygnusV's boat cruises at 6 knots and will do 8 knots if pushed hard.

No.

ETA: Picture of the suggested anchorage handily taken at low water and showing the extent of the mud bank.

Capture.jpg

Our tide timings are of little use to a displacement boat, so why would I suggest otherwise?

Edited by Naughty Cal

If you're so offended by my asking someone why they're posting nonsense, and "sparring for a fight" and "sniping" by pointing out that others, in this instance the Broads Authority, don't concur with the nonsense either, then perhaps you should just ignore my posts in future, instead of indulging in pointless sniping yourself.

Actually that is a very god suggestion and I shall put you on ignore forthwith.

Phil

Actually that is a very god suggestion and I shall put you on ignore forthwith.

Phil

I suspect as a lot of us are doing!!

Perhaps Mr Dunkley needs to read the Forum Rules AGAIN, or perhaps he thinks they don't apply to him.