Diesel proof sealant?

Featured Posts

Does anyone know of an products apart from Sikaflex Tank-N that is resistant to diesel? Normal Sikaflex says it is resistant temporarily, which isn't ideal. It is to form the seal on some inspection man holes in large diesel tanks.

Just to make things a bit more complex i am looking for something available off the shelf that i can go and collect. UK Sealants website states 4 days lead time for the Sikaflex Tank-N, which is far from ideal.

Cheers.

http://www.heldite.com/

Certainly available from uxbridge bc

Could be worth ringing local chandlers

BTW it works very well

Brilliant, that look like it will do the job and MC is only 10 mins away. Thanks for the link!

Yes it does work well, Midland chandlers stock it. It sets hard and joints can be a pig to break, though.

Tim

Fingers crossed i hope to never to have to get in there once they're sealed, and if i do it will be for a full scale 'job' with tools available to break the seal.

Brilliant, that look like it will do the job and MC is only 10 mins away. Thanks for the link!

Fingers crossed i hope to never to have to get in there once they're sealed, and if i do it will be for a full scale 'job' with tools available to break the seal.

I hope you never have the tanks that full that the manhole joints will be tested under pressure! smile.png

George ex nb Alton retired