Licence Plates Offer

aread2

Featured Posts

Has anybody else received licence plates from CRT ordered as part of the "amnesty" in March at half list price? I received an invoice but no plates and when I called CRT was told the demand was so high they had a backlog and would take a few weeks to produce. Still waiting 8 weeks later. I'd have cancelled an order that took this long to fulfil from any on-line supplier and demanded my money back.

Has anybody else received licence plates from CRT ordered as part of the "amnesty" in March at half list price? I received an invoice but no plates and when I called CRT was told the demand was so high they had a backlog and would take a few weeks to produce. Still waiting 8 weeks later. I'd have cancelled an order that took this long to fulfil from any on-line supplier and demanded my money back.

Mine took about three and a half months to arrive - see this recent thread.

Do any of the companies who make pressed number plates (for cars) not have a template where they can also do a boat index plate with a suitably boaty (or CRT) logo in front of the number? Three and a half months is daft - I remember going to car shows where they had a stall and the plate presser, and were doing them in about 10 minutes while you wait.

Do any of the companies who make pressed number plates (for cars) not have a template where they can also do a boat index plate with a suitably boaty (or CRT) logo in front of the number?

Market for you there!

Daniel

I cannot understand why people choose to screw ugly metal plates to the side of their boat, encouraging localised rusting, when they can have the number painted onto the side panels. Removing them and grinding out the rust befor filling the holes and over painting was one of the first things i did when we aquired our boat. I still have the plates hanging on a nail in my workshop.

I cannot understand why people choose to screw ugly metal plates to the side of their boat, encouraging localised rusting, when they can have the number painted onto the side panels. Removing them and grinding out the rust befor filling the holes and over painting was one of the first things i did when we aquired our boat. I still have the plates hanging on a nail in my workshop.

Maybe they choose to screw them on because they don't realize how effective double sided sticky foam tape or polyurethane squidge are.