Replacement toilet lid for cassette thetford

bigcol

Featured Posts

I have the thetford c260 with the porcelain bowl.

The plastic seat is getting that unsightly yellowy tinge stain, which wife has used bleach, baking soda but can't get rid if it.

We've tried eBay refresh packs that they do for all toilets their

including the c250

But apparently the lid and seat are different from the c250 although look the same

I've emailed Thetford, waiting for response, but has anyone got any info, on replacement and where to get please??

Many thanks in advance

Col

The plastic seat is getting that unsightly yellowy tinge stain, which wife has used bleach, baking soda but can't get rid if it.

including the c250

But apparently the lid and seat are different from the c250 although look the same

I've emailed Thetford, waiting for response, but has anyone got any info, on replacement and where to get please??

Many thanks in advance

Col

You could always paint it a nice Lav-ender colour.

Done that midland chandlers. Nothing!!

For the c250 but not the 260.

Than you though

Col

You could always paint it a nice Lav-ender colour.

Lol. Apparently you can still get the carpet set for the lid and seat lol

Saying that. Do folks still do the cover for the toilet brush??

Just thinking about it, not nice not nice at all

Got to be something tastefull

Yes may be lavender paint will sort it out after all lol

including the c250

Many thanks in advance

Col

According to the site selling his one it is for both the C250 and the C260

http://www.thecaravanshop.co.uk/toilets-chemicals/cassette-fresh-up-kits/thetford-c250/c260-toilet-fresh-up-kit/prod_1066.html

Give em a bell to check.

including the c250

Many thanks in advance

Col

Thetford are renowned for not answering emails, you will be in for a very long wait! in my experience very long.

I has the exact opposite experience to jonny re Thetford and e-mails. I had what I thought was a non-functioning 'full' light and they answered my query within 48hrs and even supplied a new float free of charge. It turned out I'd been overzealous in shaking the cassette and managed to move the float over an inner lip which stopped it working.

These suppliers seem to have spares for your model listed.

http://www.leisureshopdirect.com/caravan/water/thetford_cassette_toilets/thetford_c-260_cassette_toilet__spare_parts.aspx

Regards,

Mel

I have been in touch with both links, one of them offer a fresh up kit, but one of them sent me a email saying they can't get the seat and lid for the porcelain bowl.

I will ring both links tomorrow, and am grateful to you both for your time to post both links.

I will ring tomorrow morning, and hopefully things have changed and they can get hold of the parts

Many thanks

Col

Your lifebuoy would make a splendid and very comfortable lav seat, what with gay and joyful red and white colours and all the rope handles to grasp and stop you falling off, you will think that you really are on the throne.

Edited by bizzard
  • Greenie 1

Perhaps they are such a volume manufacturer that they prefer to work through the retail dealer network?

If so they shouldn't publish an email address for customer contact, it's one of my personal bug bears this, companies that don't return calls or respond to emails, smacks of disinterest and tardiness.

Haven't heard,anything from Thetford, I sent a second email last night.

Having spoke to leisure caravans they seem to think it will fit, yet another says the fitting is slightly different.

What I may do is undo the seat, but not to sure how you remover the plastic inspection hole at the back

Afraid of being to heavy with it, if I can get it off, then send a photo to supplier.

Has Anyone Removed The Back Cover !! If so please let me know how?

Thetford, I hope will have the decency to at least get back to me. And advise re the seat fitting re ceramic bowl, and instruction how to replace.

Col

Edited by bigcol