how to get a doctor without perminant address.

Tom and Bex

Featured Posts

I have just found out I am pregnant and figure I should sign up with a nearby gp. The only thing is we don't have any address other than "rising lane moorings". Our postal address is our family in Somerset or c/o lapworth post office.

What do we do? Any you can recommend?

Thanks Bex

Do you have an NHS number? Yes you would do well to be registered with a GP. Where is the local ante-natal unit and maternity unit? You'd also do well to consider finding a supportive midwife, for most it will be their first/only home birth on a small boat, alternatively see what the NHS offers you as a "hospital" birthing facility.

Keep in CaRT's good books! You may well need favours closer to the time (which is flexible).

I have just found out I am pregnant and figure I should sign up with a nearby gp. The only thing is we don't have any address other than "rising lane moorings". Our postal address is our family in Somerset or c/o lapworth post office.

Thanks Bex

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Bex and congratulations.

Simply use your boat name and mooring not using c/o

Name

"Diesel & Dust"

Rising Lane Moorings

town

post code

Once you have registered tell them the best way to contact you.

You will need to have your NHS Number

If you have any problems contact your local CCG (Clinical Commissioning Group) who will find you a doctor.

Feel free to message me if you have any problems but you shouldn't

• Greenie 1

Anyone should be able to register temporarily with their local GP simply by turning up with proof of identity (passport, birth cert or photo driving licence). That lasts a few months, but in the interim period it shouldn't be too difficult to register permanently.

Congratulations. Postal address in somerset is fine . We are registered at Kintbury ( k and a) , winter moor at Aldermaston ( k and a ) cc the rest if the time . Use our postal address in Bournemouth . Just take id , medical card / number ect. Ask to be contacted by e.mail , also check that your moorings are within their home visit area before you register . Just a thought but may be worth checking that they will visit a boat, and don't need to do a risk assessment first . Or just keep quiet about that bit . Bunny

Thanks Bex

Hi and congratulations!

There used to be a very good article about having access to a GP while CCing on the Association of Continuous Cruisers website. But that site seems to have disappeared!

So, as an aside, anyone know whether the ACC is still alive and running?