Strawberry island Doncaster

redfastlad

Featured Posts

Hi,

Does anyone have information regarding joining the club at Doncaster, we would like to moor our 57ft nb there but I cant seem to get anywhere with either access or information as regards what the moorings are like etc.

Regards

Chris

Have you tried contacting them?

http://www.strawberryislandboatclub.co.uk/page8.html

Tim

The number quoted gets you through to the on-site caretaker whose name escapes me. I've left Cygnet there under AWCC reciprocal mooring arrangements, and found them a very friendly bunch with an excellent clubhouse open every evening and weekends. And a very attractive area they have made from what was a derelict island wasteland. But I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a long waiting list.

Long list from what my friend Martin told me he waited 5 - 6 years and his dad moors there too. Moorings nice on the outside but cramped inside. Dont know who you contact though

Peter

Went to look at a boat for sale there in 2011. Was told the waiting list for berths was years long then. I think its run as a co-operative. You buy a share in the site transferred from a previous berth holder.