Little Bourton Lock cottage

MtB

Featured Posts

Yes - although we're 'CCers' we are paying for moorings approx. 75% of the year. This is perhaps our biggest cost. Still, so far our hard-earned money seems to have gone to nice people, so no complaints.

But 3000 Pounds just so you can drive along a track... everyone seems so mercenary.

Will have to start looking at CRT Winter moorings for next winter so that our money will go into CRT and thus help everybody out.

Yes - although we're 'CCers' we are paying for moorings approx. 75% of the year. This is perhaps our biggest cost. Still, so far our hard-earned money seems to have gone to nice people, so no complaints.

But 3000 Pounds just so you can drive along a track... everyone seems so mercenary.

Will have to start looking at CRT Winter moorings for next winter so that our money will go into CRT and thus help everybody out.

How much did the track cost to build and maintain, and what is the value of the crops the acre or so of land used by the track could otherwise be growing?

Sounds fair enough to me. Without road access, the cottage is worth perhaps £150k. With road access, £300k at least. Why should the college grant access across their land for nothing when the access results in such a massive rise in value for the cottage owner?

Whether £3k a year is a fair price for an inflation-proof £150k uplift in value is a moot point. I think it is probably about right.

I was told once that you can travel from the bottom of England to the top and not step off land owned by Oxford University. I was also told Christ Church needed to have their walls (you know the walls used to keep the townspeople from murdering them) cleaned and their accountant had to find the best way of funding it. It was decided in the end to go into their cellars and bring out 1 crate of wine/champagne and that paid for it all to be done.

That University is sooooooooooo unbelievably rich, it's easy to see why with things like this 3000 for access fee.

Mr Finch. Where is he?

And Mike, thats an interesting snippet about Mr @ Mrs Klaes. He never mentioned it to me, nor did I ask him so why should he?

Martyn

I just been told that same thing by Gregg less than 2 hours ago.