Battery Megastore quite disappointed!

Richard10002

Featured Posts

Oarfish, I have mppt tracer controllers and don't seem to have a proper eq charge function on it. It doesn't hit a voltage higher then 14.8 volts which it describes as an eq voltage but is not.

Does yours go up to 15.5 volts?

DaveGood

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/20A-12V-24V-New-Tracer-2215BN-20-amps-Programmable-MPPT-Solar-Charge-Controller-with-MT50-LCD/319525_1959410231.html

2215BN can be configured up to 17V

Update:

Having been told by the transport company that "You will have your batteries on Monday", I got up early again, waited till about 1pm,then called Battery Megastore to see if they could check that they were on their way.

Gave my order no. to Lindsay, who checked with Dispatch and returned to tell me, "they're out of stock, but you should have them next week". I told her my story, so she checked again an returned to tell me she had made a mistake and was waiting for Dispatch to check on things.

Not hopeful, (actually quite angry), I asked to speak to someone managerial so I could make a point, and perhaps feel better. I was put through to Piers, (a director), who listened to my story, said he would be equally upset, and would find out what was going on.

True to his word, Piers called me back 30 mins later to tell me that the pallet with my batteries had been lost and wouldn't be arriving today. I suggested that I would be around until about 6pm, just in case, but if they weren't delivered that day, (yesterday), I wanted to cancel the order for a full refund, as I wasn't prepared to hang around home for more days, on the off chance that something might happen. Piers agreed.

The batteries didn't arrive, I sent an email at 4.30pm today to cancel my order, and the full refund was in my PayPal account by 5.30pm.

Overall a fairly irritating, annoying, and stressful experience.

On TrustPilot I find that Battery Megastore have just under 70% 5 star ratings, whereas Tayna have just over 96% 5 star ratings.

Given that most battery reviews relate to delivery, (you can't really rate a battery until it's been in use for a year or so), I guess the reviews tell their own story.

I have to wonder if the batteries were never in stock, and I was lied to throughout.... or whether the transport company lost them on Friday, and lied to me on the basis they hoped to find them for Monday, or whether nobody really knew what was going on.

Battery Megastores business model obviously works on the basis of high volume, and a willingness to accept that over 30% of customers will be less than delighted with the ordering and delivery part of the service.

I was delighted with only the refund part of the service.

Sorry for ranting, but I think people need to know.

Edited by Richard10002

Not ranting at all. It is all useful information. I think BM are a bit cheaper the Tayna but as always, you get what you pay for and if good customer service and meeting delivery commitments are important to you (as they are to most folk) then you need to spend slightly more to get that. I used Tayna for my Trojans and the process was flawless.

Well, that was until the delivery lorry shattered a manhole cover outside my sister's house, but you can't forsee everything!

Just to add to this if you "like " Tayna on facebook you can get a code which gives you 5% discount....also remeber that the carriage is capped when you order a number of units.

No connection..,.just a satisfied customer a few times over.

Cheers

Gareth

I bought some bog-standard batteries from Alpha Batteries last year. I ordered on line, had email confirmation of the order with another email from the courier later that day confirming delivery date along with tracking number. Batteries were delivered next day. Free next day delivery, 4 110A 679 batteries for £300.

Alpha Batteries: http://www.alpha-batteries.co.uk/ No Connection.

I bought some bog-standard batteries from Alpha Batteries last year. I ordered on line, had email confirmation of the order with another email from the courier later that day confirming delivery date along with tracking number. Batteries were delivered next day. Free next day delivery, 4 110A 679 batteries for £300.

Alpha Batteries: http://www.alpha-batteries.co.uk/ No Connection.

I bought my current batteries from Alpha a couple of years ago and I did so because I could drive there and collect - thus cutting out any delivery issues.

I would do the same this time, but 4 x Trojan T105 are about an extra £100 from Alpha compared to Tayna.

I can't see them knocking this off for a sale... Might be worth a call.

AS all the Trojan batteries sold in the UK come from

sales@platinumbatteries.co.uk

TEL 0845 063 9999
FAX 0845 063 8888

TEL +44 (0)161 876 0057
FAX +44 (0)161 872 3555

Platinum House,
1 Bailey Road,
Trafford Park,
Manchester,
M17 1SA

Why not ask Tanya if you can collect on their account as they are only in Trafford Park

I have collected from them in the past without any problems

Ray

Edited by raymondh