Pirate flags

blackrose

Featured Posts

jolly%20roger.jpg

More asked where I got the jolly roger from , one said the jack was upside down .

At least you had the decency to fly the bones BELOW the Union..

and the unioin is the correct way up - Google said so!

It takes a schho to tell you so:-

https://www.google.co.uk/search?site=&source=hp&q=union+flag+which+way+up&oq=union&gs_l=hp.1.0.35i39j0i20l2j0l7.1668.2678.0.5009.6.6.0.0.0.0.158.783.0j6.6.0.msedr...0...1c.1.62.hp..1.5.622.0.hZwTs8zGsyA

V with the hand that way round. If the photo is from WW2 I'm guessing the gesture was aimed at Hitler (or technically Admiral Doenitz?), though (1) in those pre-Internet days they probably never saw it and (2) if they did they wouldn't understand it, as the V sign is only used in the UK and just means "two" on the continent.

Churchill famously used the Victory sign the wrong way round but I suppose no one dared tell him

The one at front left is surely an actor playing the part of Lenin. When somebody wanted him they'd knock on his door and call "Is Len in?"

V signs or victory signs?

I think it's an indication of what they did to them as in.........................well you get the drift.

They look like victorious submariners celebrating their 'kills' - which look considerable in number if I understand the other markings on the flag correctly.