Marina Near Banbury

mark99

Featured Posts

Are boats really liveships they certainly seem to have a mind of their own at times .

I think so, oversee build on mine and I feel part of me in there somewhere. Though maybe its because became so involved with build and fit out...gave 100%

Also feel she has a mind of her own.

Hello...Greg at Clattercote Wharf can provide temporary moorings along the organic farm frontage...fresh organic eggs, firewood, water tap, & toilet disposal if and only if green fluid is used...car parking,...maybe even a ride to the bus or train station in Banbury and pick up-below taxi prices....glad to help if i can gregg@forgefarm.com or 07831631671.....g

I second that. It's a very pleasant spot, owls hooting at night, you can hear the bang of the gate of Elkington's lock and the rush of water as boats come out of the lock. Oxfordshire at its finest. Cropredy is 15 minutes by bicycle, and there are other villages and pubs not far off.

It's a very pleasant spot, owls hooting at night.

Are you sure that what you heard wasn't Gregg robustly requesting passing boaters to slow down?

A very pleasant spot, yes, and our home mooring for three or four years.

We were only there end of June to October (thanks to Mr Athy's tip), no complaints. Gregg is an interesting character and adds to the charm of Clattercote Wharf. I'm sure Gregg has spaces that need to be filled, and much nicer environs than the nearby marina - unless you like to look out at rows of other peoples' boats.

(Athy - will PM you later re- the marina, they are on my 'black list' at present.)

• 2 months later...