My vintage BSA fits on my tugdeck! ;o)

Chop!

Featured Posts

Cracking old bike and a such a cool add on! cool.png Sadly, I won't be following your lead - I think I'd need to trade the NB in for a dutch barge to accommodate my Thunderbird and the appropriately sized crane

My B.S.A. has a forged steel girder frame as it was intended to haul huge commercial sidecars, it weighs, just shy of 500lbs the crane can lift up to 1000lbs, I doubt a Triumph Thunderbird would weigh anything like that, go on, go for it, you know you want to! cheers.gif

My B.S.A. has a forged steel girder frame as it was intended to haul huge commercial sidecars, it weighs, just shy of 500lbs the crane can lift up to 1000lbs, I doubt a Triumph Thunderbird would weigh anything like that, go on, go for it, you know you want to! cheers.gif

747lbs wet apparently so the crane's up to it. Not sure what the boat would do with that sort of lifting moment acting at towpath distance abeam though..... and once it's slung over the bow the lack of a tug deck might begin to show up as a problem too!

I think I'll just admire your arrangement for the forseeable, Chop cheers.gif

747lbs wet apparently so the crane's up to it. Not sure what the boat would do with that sort of lifting moment acting at towpath distance abeam though..... and once it's slung over the bow the lack of a tug deck might begin to show up as a problem too!

I think I'll just admire your arrangement for the forseeable, Chop cheers.gif

I've put some more pics up of the bike in the air, it didn't seem to make the boat list very much, I know my heavy old v-twin engine is not in the frame at the moment, so that will add another 100lbs-ish

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Gi27WugVeec/VH-4egeqlmI/AAAAAAAAGF4/u32UrOa2PQw/s1600/IMG_20141203_103817.jpg

just watch your pivot/hanging point once engined and fuelled. She would nose dive!laugh.png

I ended up going roll on / roll off

I aim to make up some purpose made strops to stop this from happening and to facilitate one man operation, but thanks for the reminder cheers.gif

Here's a pic with a temporary rope strop being used :-

IMG_20141203_103817.jpg

Edited by Chop!

Àh, twin V twins smile.png

lol true.

I spent ages looking for one of those <Colin Edwards 03> edition bikes as there were only 450 ever made in the world, around 50 imported to UK..... I found one I was happy with and bought it.

Lo and behold, a few months later a pristine one turned up virtually unridden and 8 years old ........... could not resist so one is for riding, the other is kept mint, undercover garaged and not used <yet>.

The Aprilia Mille is a special bike. Nothing comes close to the handling ability of that bike imo. Or the brute low down acceleration.

Edited by mark99

Point of order - you have a davit.

Not a bluddy crane!

PS heaven = v twin mobo on a decent narrowboat. wink.png

(Although my V twins are Italian).

Well done!

What I bought was, and i quote, a small van or truck crane' but in all honesty, I don't give a monkey's what it's called because it works and it was cheaper than I expected. clapping.gif (Mind you, making and welding in 6 brackets, 2 on Freyja and 4 on Christina, will cost a lot more than the crane / davit = Cravit so I may call it my Lenny cheers.gif )