Does any body have a manual for a Kabola E7 Diesel boiler please?

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

The "new" boat has a Kabola E7 boiler - seemingly a bit much for a narrow boat.

It doesn't seem to have come with a manual amongst the papers I got, and I couldn't easily find one on line in a hurry this morning, (well except in languages I can't start to guess).

Does anybody have a PDF copy, please, or can anybody direct me at an on-line source. Google didn't seem to be my friend on this one.

(And yes, if anybody sees me over next few days, my singed hair, beard and eyebrows may be connected to the fact I don't have a manual!......)

Alan,

I did a Kabola course at Kuranda a couple of years ago and have a hard copy user manual for the E&S series, and all the other flavours of Kabola. It isn't very long (7 sheets) so could scan it for you if no-one comes up with a pdf.

David

I have the manual, such as it is, for the E and S series.

My E5 is being taken out on Tues, if anyone is interested.

It will come with with instructions and manual.

It's a good heater and works quite well, but, it's not for a cruising boat.

It's being replaced with a Webasto!

Nipper

Have you tried Harworth Heating?

Their website contains masses of technical manuals, including how to adjust and maintain the OCI regulator.

Just noticed the bit about singed eyebrows. Did you let it cool down before relighting?

These require a bit of a knack to light. Common mistake is to let too much diesel pool in the bottom of the burner before lighting. The fire then often goes out before the diesel is properly vaporized. When you try to relight too soon the fire goes whoomph. Only guessing, so feel free to ignore advice.

Edited by koukouvagia

Just had a look at my Kabola E & S series manual (which I could easily scan and email to you Alan if it would help - pm me perhaps?).

It covers the whole range of them ie E3, E5, E7, E10, E12, E14, S14, S20 & S28.

Ref KK's comment, the Harworth site is brilliant on most makes but sadly doesn't have a section for Kabola stuff.

Other sources might be Kuranda or A.R Peachment.

Looks like Kabola are only interested in their shiny new pressure jet boilers nowadays and seem to want to forget they ever made vaporising burners!

I expect it's because of new pollution emission regulations which the vaporisers can't meet. Also I believe the OCI regulator is no longer made.

Richard

I was told by the chaps from Kabola that the natural draught boilers couldn't meet EU efficiency standards, They need to waste a percentage of the heat up the flue to produce the draught and as a result cannot be more than about 60% efficient as against 90% plus for the pressure jet boilers.

Not sure whether the efficiency figures also include the electrical input but in terms of the overall efficiency a few tens of watts of electricity is going to be lost in the noise compared to the kWs of heat produced.

• 2 years later...

I'm also looking for an E series manual in English (have the dutch version)

If anyone has a link to it or a copy it would be much appreciated

I never actually got as far as getting my hands on one.

However I sold the boiler some time back now, so I no longer need one!

• 7 months later...
17 minutes ago, sharpy24 said:

hi guys

did anyone ever find an english version.

just bought a boat and got the same issue and kinda scared to start playing around with lighting diesel inside my boat without any idea of what im doing :/

I never located one, but a decision was taken to remove the E7 that I had, so it became a non issue.

I since sold it.