Kids climbing over working boats

Bunny

Featured Posts

Tried reversing through the lift bridge into the pound for water , lift bridge broken .... again. No point getting the poor old engineer out on a Saturday for the 3rd week running , just for him to come back again after we have filled with water, to let us back onto our mooring so filled up across the two trads but don't fancy doing it another 20+ times this winter. Was handy really as I was able to see Achimedes out of date licence which had its reg no on it . When I was talking to the enforcement officer on Friday she couldn't contact the owners or proceed, with names only , had to have a number , and as Ara isn't displaying either licence or number it was handy to breast up. Had to go out this morning , back about 3pm, to see a couple of chaps on the boats pumping out water. My husband mentioned that kids had been climbing over the boats and that a chap had fallen in whilst trying to get water ( I must have been out that day the enforcement officer had told me on Friday). His reply ..............Grunt ............ My husband then asked when were the boats being moved, as leaving them on a '1 Hr mooring for water' wasn't on and they were in the way . His reply ..................Grunt.............Then he mentioned about taking them to the boat yard to be craned out .So that went well, the last lift was on the 7th and the next lift is Dec 7th . Have txt Achimedes no over to the enforcement officer. If the owners just moved the boats above or below one of the locks they wouldn't be in the way . A few boats around here don't move, I'm loathed to stir up a hornets nest, but , breasted up boats on the soon to be only CRT water point between Kintbury and Tyle Mill isn't on . ( Yes there is water at Newbury Boat Yard .... £2. a fill ) (Talk is that the water point in the pound, the otherside of the lift bridge is going to be shut off soon, by Beenham Council, the elsan and public loos are locked now ) . Bunny.

Your husbands better man then me.

I would have pushed him in the cut and un tied his boat pushed her up the bank and moored next to the water point...

We were away at the beginning of last week, by the time we returned the trad pair have been moved into ABC . I don't know when, but CRT in their last txt to me stated that they would be visiting our area on Monday of last week . So thank you Corinne. Corrine also mentioned that someone had fallen in trying to cross the pair and was ' taking the matter further ' . I don't know but sounds like they may have really hurt/broken something. She wasn't able to comment . Bunny

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Digging up an old thread but we came past these two today. Now below padworth lock, just east of ABC.

Anyone know what's going on with them? They look in a surprisingly good state considering how long they've been left.

Digging up an old thread but we came past these two today. Now below padworth lock, just east of ABC.

Anyone know what's going on with them? They look in a surprisingly good state considering how long they've been left.

sure I walked past the ABC yard at Aldermaston a few months back and they where on the hard having work done to them. I didn't have my phone with me so couldn't take any photos

Ok. I thought they looked newly blacked. That's a long time for them to sit there again though. Hope they get some use or a better mooring soon!

Ok. I thought they looked newly blacked. That's a long time for them to sit there again though. Hope they get some use or a better mooring soon!