Tip of the week.

bizzard

Featured Posts

Use a dog or cats food bowl for eating your cereal, soups, stews or desert. The ones of the anti tip over design that won't spill, like many other stupid types of bowels.

I share my cat Satchidananders food bowl with him. We use it turn and turn about on a rota system. He eats from it in the mornings and overnight, I eat from it lunch times and evenings. Sometimes when both hungry at the same time we dive in and eat in it together.

He's become quite partial to porridge, lentil soup, stews, and coco-pops and I just love and can't resist Whiskers, Felix and Go-Kat crunchies. mellow.png

You always learn something new with Mr B, today its the fact that there are different types of bowels. Now, mine work reasonably well in that they process what goes in with the by product that results being consistent in form & texture, usually making its presence at fairly regular intervals in sync with the intervals for the entry of foodstuff. Despite this, there are times when I would cheerfully trade mine in for an improved model, so if there is anyone out there who can suggest which type would be a suitable upgrade on my 1953 model, I'd appreciate it.

stink.gif

Edited by Spuds

My tip is a much more prosaic one. Lots of you are touching up the boat gunwales on your return from a seasons bashing around the country. B&Q sell rollers, handle and tray for £2 so you can afford to not even clean them and chuck them away afterwards. But the foam roller is poor, holds little paint and after a while falls, annoyingly, off the handle into the water. They do however sell much fatter small rollers in a pack and these are lots better but a lot dearer. Quick very light brush after with a decent paintbrush to smooth the roller bubbles and it's all done.

You always learn something new with Mr B, today its the fact that there are different types of bowels. Now, mine work reasonably well in that they process what goes in with the by product that results being consistent in form & texture, usually making its presence at fairly regular intervals in sync with the intervals for the entry of foodstuff. Despite this, there are times when I would cheerfully trade mine in for an improved model, so if there is anyone out there who can suggest which type would be a suitable upgrade on my 1953 model, I'd appreciate it.

stink.gif

This probably comes under the heading of "too much information". but. what the heck, you asked.

I actually had my 1950 model bowel shortened by about 30% back in June (malignant tumor, in situ) and it's now working better than it ever has. Things are smoother and more regular than ever before. I don't know if this upgrade is available absent the malignant tumor though, so it probably isn't for everyone. Just to find out you should have a colonoscopy at your age anyway, and those are always a barrel of fun.

This probably comes under the heading of "too much information". but. what the heck, you asked.

I actually had my 1950 model bowel shortened by about 30% back in June (malignant tumor, in situ) and it's now working better than it ever has. Things are smoother and more regular than ever before. I don't know if this upgrade is available absent the malignant tumor though, so it probably isn't for everyone. Just to find out you should have a colonoscopy at your age anyway, and those are always a barrel of fun.

I gather the video is quite "interesting", especially the "docking" manoeuvre I'm told.

Dear Mr Bizzard,

As usual i read your post and decide what relevance it has to my life.

The notion of sharing dear little Roxys food bowl appealing as it would save on washing up and spillages since it is of dog bowl design.

Problem in that dear little Roxy is teenage tearaway terrier and a little "nippy" and possessive over her belongings.

Top dog in effect.

As to Paul G2 info regarding his model bowel and colonoscopy I can empathise in that I had a colonoscopy but procedure abandoned due to complications but was not a barrel of laughs and no don't fancy a repeat.

Regards

Patty Ann

Edited by patty-ann

Bizzard be careful with pet food. A cautionary tale:

Yesterday I was at my local TESCO’s store buying a large bag of Winalot dog food for my loyal

pet and was in the checkout queue when a woman behind me asked if I had a dog..

What did she think I had, an elephant? So, since I'm retired and have
little to do, on impulse I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, I was
starting the Winalot Diet again. I added that I probably shouldn’t,
because I ended up in hospital last time, but I'd lost 2 stone before I
woke up in intensive care with tubes coming out of most of my orifices
and IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that
it works is to load your pockets with Winalot nuggets and simply eat
one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally
complete so it works well and I was going to try it again. (I have to
mention here that practically everyone in queue was now enthralled with
my story.)

Horrified, she asked me if I ended up in intensive care because the dog
food poisoned me. I told her no, I stepped off the kerb to sniff an
Irish Setter's arse and a car hit me.

I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was
laughing so hard. I'm now banned from TESCO’s.

Edited by Ray T
  • Greenie 2