Pub reccomendations Nantwich.

johnmck

Featured Posts

We have just moored in Nantwich, what a busy place this is. I had fancied a meal at The Star at Acton, but googling it does not bode well as it only brings up cached pages, suggesting it has closed.

Anyone know if this is so? Or can you reccomend an alternative within walking distance. cheers.gif I hope......

Another vote for the Red Cow opposite the bus station. Excellent beer and very cosy. That was always my favourite pub when I was boating up that way

If you're feeling flush and like cocktails I recommend The Residence which is tucked away on Mill Street.

As for food, Nantwich is brilliant for eating out. The Thai mentioned above is one of my favourites. The Chinese a few doors up from The Red Cow pub is excellent too. However by far the best restaurant I've been to anywhere is the Italian which I think is on Love Lane. Think its called Romozzino or something like that. Quite hard to get a table unless you book as it's very popular with the locals.

Edited by BlueStringPudding

Looks really good, but no food on Mondays. It is Monday is'nt it? blush.png Quite loose track of the day when cruising.

Oops, yes sorry. It is Monday, but my excuse is we have just got back from 2 weeks on the boat ourselves. unsure.png

BTW. Red Cow doesn't do food on Mondays either.

We ate at The Cheshire Cat a few months ago. It's on my list of food pubs to return to.

They open on Mondays and they are not too far from the canal aqueduct.

http://www.thecatat.com

Thank you all. Feeling decadent so walked to M&S and bought some grub. On the way back, called in the Cheshire Cat. The sign on the door re dress code did not bode well, but they let us in!

Had a great meal and a few pints. What a fantastic building.