Where can't you go on a CRT licence

Pete & Helen

Featured Posts

The Pocklington Canal is a CRT waterway and access is via the Derwent.

A couple of others in the same area are the Market Weighton Canal (EA) and the Driffield Navigation ( Driffield Navigation Trust)

Howard

In that case why do the EA charge for going on the navigation?

Forgot the River Idle.

Only in Wales

Richard

When I used to race British championship Enduros We used to stay at a place in Llanwrda, their property was called Min Yr Afon - edge of the river.

Nice and to the point :-)

Edited by gazza

In that case why do the EA charge for going on the navigation?Forgot the River Idle.[/

I think you will see that I said the Pocklington is CRT. The EA don't charge for the Pocklington.

Howard

It's a charge to use the lock. Found it now!

Bridgewater boaters get 7 days as part of the reciprocal agreement, but no further than Harecastle tunnel or Barbridge south, and I forget for the North now due to changes in getting to Liverpool.

There are no short term licenses available on the Bridgewater, only the 7 day reciprocal agreement. The only licence is the full 12 month licence for which you need a Bridgewater mooring to qualify for.

Hope that helps.

Bridgewater boaters get 7 days as part of the reciprocal agreement, but no further than Harecastle tunnel or Barbridge south, and I forget for the North now due to changes in getting to Liverpool.

There are no short term licenses available on the Bridgewater, only the 7 day reciprocal agreement. The only licence is the full 12 month licence for which you need a Bridgewater mooring to qualify for.

Hope that helps.

Liam the point I was trying to make was that it is not very reciprocal with Bridgewater Licence holders being able to purchase a 12 month CRT Licence for £241 for a 57ft boat

Liam the point I was trying to make was that it is not very reciprocal with Bridgewater Licence holders being able to purchase a 12 month CRT Licence for £241 for a 57ft boat

There's 2 parts to the reciprocal agreement. The first part is the bit which allows Bridgewater Licence holders to cruise on CRT waters; and CRT licence holders to cruise on the Bridgewater canal. The second part is that CRT offers a discounted licence to allow longer/further cruising for Bridgewater licence holders.

I reckon CRT offers way too many combinations and classes of licence, what with the various discounts, short term, etc etc. Bridgewater is run by a commercial company and if they want to offer 1 licence, they can.

Thanks to all but especially to Magpie Patrick who has given the sort of detail I was after. I wonder how many people have just poddled along not realising they were on another authority's waterway

Not many, becouse you need different navigation keys

As ever you learn bit by bit and some things seem obvious and some don't. There's been topics on the Thames so happy with that one, But recently, only by accident, found out that the Bridgewater is not a CRT waterway but you can use it free for 7 days.

So where else on the network do you have to :-

1. Pay

2. Free but limited on time

3. Any other variant on the above, or comments

(I have a standard River and Canal licence, just in case that makes a difference)

The Association Of Navigation Athorities web site lists many but not all (Scottish Canals do not appear to be a memeber) of the of the waterways authorities that may charge to us their waterways:

http://www.aina.org.uk/members.aspx

Tim

Edited by Tim Lewis

Not many, becouse you need different navigation keys

Unless you get to the first lock 5 miles along the navigation and there have been no winding holes, that could be a lot of reversing (the 5 miles was an arbitrary figure)

The Association Of Navigation Athorities web site lists many but not all (Scottish Canals do not appear to be a memeber) of the of the waterways authorities that may charge to us their waterways:

http://www.aina.org.uk/members.aspx

Tim

Thanks for that Tim, a good source of information.