River Weaver

junior

Featured Posts

Enough did, to make it policy that it's free (I know you're joking). I agree, they should charge really (but I would say that, I've done it 7 times now, and got my money's worth of the licence out of it) (I am joking too).

To be pedantic, it's free if you turn up on spec and wait for a free slot. Alternatively you can book your slot ahead and pay £5.

I wonder how many book ahead.laugh.png

To be pedantic, it's free if you turn up on spec and wait for a free slot. Alternatively you can book your slot ahead and pay £5.

I wonder how many book ahead.laugh.png

Out of 4 trips I have booked twice and those 2 were going down as they were in July and as I travel with another boat we wanted to ensure we traveled together. Out of busy period I have not bothered

Had seen this and also the leaflet available at the lift booking office window. However, when I went to explore the flash I couldn't work out where all these boats are going to moor. I don't think they will expect any to venture much into the flash as 3 narrowboats have already got stuck in the flash this last week and the lockies were at pains to point out that CRT can't help as their jurisdiction ends just past the Red Lion. ohmy.png

I wonder if Junior will be the 4th laugh.png

Edited by nine9feet

Had seen this and also the leaflet available at the lift booking office window. However, when I went to explore the flash I couldn't work out where all these boats are going to moor. I don't think they will expect any to venture much into the flash as 3 narrowboats have already got stuck in the flash this last week and the lockies were at pains to point out that CRT can't help as their jurisdiction ends just past the Red Lion. ohmy.png

Not me sir. I got to Winsford at lunch time and was so unimpressed that I was back in Northwich by 4pm.

Mmm! Three boats eh?

I've been on the weaver for two weeks and i have only heard of one reportedly getting stuck. But having met the couple that are onboard, they didnt mention it!

You may, of coarse be getting confused with the two boats that went into the flash and came out with out any problems. They were Fangar on NB Doris and myself on NB Largo!

Nipper

Edited to add that, most visitors to the Weaver seem to enter the flash and come away suitably impressed as was Junior!

Edited by nipper

Mmm! Three boats eh?

I've been on the weaver for two weeks and i have only heard of one reportedly getting stuck. But having met the couple that are onboard, they didnt mention it!

You may, of coarse be getting confused with the two boats that went into the flash and came out with out any problems. They were Fangar on NB Doris and myself on NB Largo!

Nipper

Edited to add that, most visitors to the Weaver seem to enter the flash and come away suitably impressed as was Junior!

The info on 3 boats was provided by one of the lockies who specifically asked me how far I was going. When I told him I was going to have a recce into the flash he tried to warn me off by telling of the 3 boats - one he said was an "elderly couple" and another he said had ventured to the far end where it was stuck!

Not me sir. I got to Winsford at lunch time and was so unimpressed that I was back in Northwich by 4pm.

Did that include sampling at the Red Lion? :-)

I don't know about the lockies on the Weaver, but at least one lockie on the other side of the country has been known frequently to give deliberately false advice to narrowboaters to try and prevent them from going to places outside his jurisdiction that he doesn't think they ought to visit.