Dog lost from Long Buckby Wharf

Arphamoe

Featured Posts

Hi folks,

Can I ask anyone near Buckby Top Lock to look out for this little dog, missing from near Bridge 12? Went missing yesterday and sorely missed by the kids! Hopethe Facebook link works!

Facebook -animals lost and found in Daventry

Edited by Arphamoe

Hi folks,

Can I ask anyone near Buckby Top Lock to look out for this little dog, missing from near Bridge 12? Went missing yesterday and sorely missed by the kids! Hopethe Facebook link works!

I'm afraid the link (in the tag) doesn't seem to work.

That's the one -it's from a neighbour of my daughter, who lives at the Wharf!

Hope they find her - as she is chipped there is a good chance, or at least a much better chance than if she wasn't.

Edited by The Dog House

I hope this is ok , to post , here

UPDATE COPIED FROM DL POST:- As a result of police inquiries, it is thought Meg could have been dumped in a bag near the gated road at Norton or in Draycote. Any help with searching would be much appreciated.

MEG is presumed STOLEN. Police are now involved with Meg's disappearance. Because of info given, it is thought she could be anywhere within a 50 mile/hour drive of her home (inc Rugby area/ Draycote Water).

Female Border Terrier. Missing from Buckby Wharf, Northamptonshire, NN6 area, (Central) on Saturday, 26th July 2014. MICROCHIPPED.

Disappeared from garden mid morning from garden off slip road on A5 by canal/near New Inn pub.

http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-blog.php?dogId=72514#.U9iqYGK9KSM

very sadly Meg has been found , and the neighbour has confessed to drowning her , words fail me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What?

That's a police/RSPCA matter surely.

apparently because she barked , was the reason , its a dreadful situation , I wouldnt be able to live next door to them . Moored there lots , been through the locks and in the pub lots , never heard Meg bark , They had a tracker dog arranged for today , and as the tracker dog and owner were there , getting the smell of Meg from bedding , the police and rspca were next door , they were told the sad news

Edited by calamity507

apparently because she barked , was the reason , its a dreadful situation , I wouldnt be able to live next door to them . Moored there lots , been through the locks and in the pub lots , never heard Meg bark , They had a tracker dog arranged for today , and as the tracker dog and owner were there , getting the smell of Meg from bedding , the police and rspca were next door , they were told the sad news

I was going to post this as a possible cause but didn't want to speculate.

We are on the road of a long running complaint with our neighbours at home regards their dogs excessive barking. It is very very wearing, I mean very wearing and drives you to despair sometimes, especially when it is two dogs that do it as in our case. However it is not the dogs fault and there are never any occasions when it's the right thing to harm or certainly deliberately kill a dog that barks excessively. It's purely down to poor owner ship. We are in the middle of dealing with the local authority over the long standing problem we have.

That said if as you say she has not been barking excessively that makes the whole thing even worse.

Apparently , he had never spoken to the neighbours about it , maybe if he had , this wouldnt have happened , and yes barking dogs can be annoying , we have one near us , barks almost all night , as it lives outside, we have politely asked is there any chance they could let is sleep inside, the 2 nd word was off, guard dogs dont go inside , so I feel your pain , as we have it day and night

thats terrible, my son owns a dog that is a yapper at times especially if left alone, I have been around to the neighbours and ask them to notify me if it becomes an issue. Opposite us a dog barks non stop but nothing done and they ignore any requests.It is trying,

however it cannot be an excuse for wantonly killing.

Apparently , he had never spoken to the neighbours about it , maybe if he had , this wouldnt have happened , and yes barking dogs can be annoying , we have one near us , barks almost all night , as it lives outside, we have politely asked is there any chance they could let is sleep inside, the 2 nd word was off, guard dogs dont go inside , so I feel your pain , as we have it day and night

Not completely accurate, words have been had over some time - but still no excuse whatsoever!! The family are totally wrecked despite massive offers of help from doggie people who tried to find Meg!