Boater With Home Mooring - Court Action Started.

Featured Posts

Not sure awe would be the word I would use.

Rhymes with it though ............

Are you thinking if Whore - or one of these :-

ah, ahh, aw, bah, baugh, blah, bois, bra, ca, caw, cha, chaw, claw, craugh, craw, da, daw, dawe, draw, faw, flaugh, flaw, ga, gaugh, gaw, glawe, gnaw, gras, graw, grawe, ha, hah, haugh, haw, hawe, hwa, ja, jaw, jha, ka, kah, krah, la, law, ma, mah, maw, mccaa, mccaw, mccraw, mcgagh, mcgaugh, mcgaw, mcgraw, moi, na, nah, naw, pa, paugh, paw, pla, qua, ra, rah, rauh, raw, rawe, rha, sa, saw, sha, shah, shaw, slaugh, slaw, spa, spaugh, spaw, straw, ta, thaw, traugh, trois, vaugh, vrba, wa, waah, wah, waugh, ya, yah, yaw, zsa

ah, ahh, aw, bah, baugh, blah, bois, bra, ca, caw, cha, chaw, claw, craugh, craw, da, daw, dawe, draw, faw, flaugh, flaw, ga, gaugh, gaw, glawe, gnaw, gras, graw, grawe, ha, hah, haugh, haw, hawe, hwa, ja, jaw, jha, ka, kah, krah, la, law, ma, mah, maw, mccaa, mccaw, mccraw, mcgagh, mcgaugh, mcgaw, mcgraw, moi, na, nah, naw, pa, paugh, paw, pla, qua, ra, rah, rauh, raw, rawe, rha, sa, saw, sha, shah, shaw, slaugh, slaw, spa, spaugh, spaw, straw, ta, thaw, traugh, trois, vaugh, vrba, wa, waah, wah, waugh, ya, yah, yaw, zsa

None of the above!

None of the above!

None of the above!

Good swim was it?!

Just beautiful MtB. Water temperature is perfection at this time of year, and the clarity such as makes even the deep riverbed visible. The swan family were out gallivanting elsewhere, so I didn’t have to keep a wary eye out for dad [i let discretion get the better part of valour yesterday, and cut the swim short].

A gentle 100 yards or so breast-stroke downstream, going gently past the anglers, and a relaxing, leisurely backstroke return, gazing contemplatively up at the blue skies flourished with a smattering of cirrus.

Now, that may not be boating exactly, but how does it fare as a bit of non-legal sharing of enjoyment of the water?

Brentford, obv!

Well actually no, closer to Naughty Cal's neck of the woods, although I am not about to disclose particulars. I do move around country for various reasons. We had two thunderous shower bursts earlier in the day, with brilliant clear skies between. Maybe she was huddled in front of the laptop instead of being outside enjoying the waterways?

p.s. I have gone swimming, diving and aquaskippering on the Brent [as well as in the Thames], but my description of clear river water has never held true for there I'm afraid.

Well actually no, closer to Naughty Cal's neck of the woods, although I am not about to disclose particulars. I do move around country for various reasons. We had two thunderous shower bursts earlier in the day, with brilliant clear skies between. Maybe she was huddled in front of the laptop instead of being outside enjoying the waterways?

p.s. I have gone swimming, diving and aquaskippering on the Brent [as well as in the Thames], but my description of clear river water has never held true for there I'm afraid.

No. We were in South Shields trying to make out the pier heads in the fog!

Hopefully have another go at leaving here in an hour or so! Getting cabin fever now!

Oh that's a shame.

Last place I saw crystal clear water where I could see right to the bottom and all the fishes was on the Stourbridge arm, a few weeks ago.

MtB

Ditto except it was coming out of Liverpool but we were the first boat along that day. It was very like London. Clear water so you could see all the rubbish on the bottom.

I have made this remark and I will make it again. It confuses the hell out of me why some folks, and Nigel seems to be one of them, would want to keep their boats in CRT waterways if they are so obviously so very not happy with the way they are operated.

Other options are there for the taking.

Other options are indeed there for the taking, but they are not such as you appear to have integrated into your thinking.

It is the governing authority that wants some of us off their waterways, even though they have failed to demonstrate any statutory authority for doing so, nor even [supposing they did have that authority], been able to demonstrate any real or imagined rationale for their wishing this expulsion [especially difficult in cases such as mine, where boat licences were being paid for, even when not needed].

A desire to keep boats on CaRT waterways is centred on appreciation of those waterways - despite the antics and character of the governing body. Some of us suffering the abuse of the authority [fortunately in a minority], are not thereby disenchanted with the waterways, we are simply disenchanted with the mind-set of some of those appointed to govern the waterways.

Knowing first-hand the abuses, the abusers, and their sources, we choose - not to abandon the waterways, but - to campaign against the true abusers. If the waterways are to have a long term future, they will need to be governed by people of appropriate character and vision. Even the insipid Evans proclaimed that ought-to-be-self-evident truth.

Taking ourselves and our boats out of CaRT’s jurisdiction is what CaRT would want – why should we knuckle under, and abandon the blindly faithful to their fate?

Undoubtedly, this confuses the hell out of some simple minded folks. But give a guy a break – what more can we do but seek to educate all sides [including ourselves] as to what should be improved upon, according to the best of our understanding?

• Greenie 1

I suppose we will let the courts decide that Nigel!

Just how is a court going to decide “why some folks . . . would want to keep their boats in CRT waterways if they are so obviously so very not happy with the way they are operated.”?

They have already decided in my case that all the boats involved were entitled to remain on CaRT waterways [and as a consequence CaRT are having to reimburse some of the licence fees illegally extracted for years from the dozens of other boats in the same situation].

In other cases they have decided that boats were not entitled to remain on the waterways – and they will have to make a decision in the instant case – but none of these past and future decisions can have anything to do with the question you posed, and which I answered.

Just because some of us are critical of the management in certain fields, has nothing to do with appreciation of the waterways; indeed, our criticisms are designed to improve the situation, and so arguably we do more for the future well-being of the waterways than those who supinely accept any mismanagement, or refuse to believe it exists, or suggest flight as the appropriate response to it.

• Greenie 4