Boat sunk in Middlewich

Zayna

Featured Posts

Is the owner of a vessel the person that paid for it? With confirmed transactions & bank statements to prove the purchase not the owner? Or am I missing something?

Not necessarily, but paying for something then not selling it would normally be good enough to prove ownership. But there's other scenarios, especially in business, where owner is not so clear cut etc (for example, like how the cash was financed). The fact remains, that unlike cars, there is no legally binding structure, and even with cars its for registered keeper not legal owner.

Tuscan, on 19 Jul 2014 - 2:20 PM, said:Tuscan, on 19 Jul 2014 - 2:20 PM, said:Tuscan, on 19 Jul 2014 - 2:20 PM, said:Tuscan, on 19 Jul 2014 - 2:20 PM, said:Tuscan, on 19 Jul 2014 - 2:20 PM, said:

Many hire boats are sponsored , this may be the case here. What is the police crime reference that would at least indicate the boat was stolen?

Rachel_3.jpg?582

The 'other' boat is a 12 person 'open' day boat, i cannot see this being, a sponsored boat but I guess anything is possible

The one 'stolen' is not a sponsored boat either :-

From "Tracey Barlow"

The boat was stolen on the 8th June at 11pm from White Nancy (UK) Ltd. She is a brand new vessel custom built Hire Boat "Margaret Mary". I know as I am the Director of the business & paid to her her built by Three Boat Builders.

Presumably funded by either a bank loan / mortgage or a Directors Loan as the company didnt have sufficient assets to pay for the build of a new boat.

No crime number as Police not interested - no theft involved. The owner (a Director of the company took the boat out for an evening cruise, without notifying the other Director)

From "Tracey Barlow"

The OWNER as suggested, is a shareholder whom took the boat on the evening of the 8th June. This was witnessed by a fellow marina & reported to the Police, who detained him for a short period, but let him & the boat go.....as it is deemed as a civil dispute.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

Your method of posting isn't doing you any favours! You are asking questions, not giving answers!

Rhetorical questions

I think Tracey Barlow has fallen out with her co-director. She has tried to kick him out or he has decided to leave of his own accord. He took the boat to retain something of his investment in time and effort if not money, or else out of spite. Tracey Barlow is convinced the boat is hers because of her investment in time and effort but I suspect her name is not on the boat's documents. In her eyes the boat should be hers. The police don't agree, neither do CRT or the insurance company - they are all dealing with the person whose name is on the documents as the owner.

Tracey Barlow is trying to persuade people to see it from her point of view hence the rhetorical questions. She can't give direct answers because she knows her case is weak.

All speculation of course

So has the boat been subsequently refloated, and disappeared (again)? And is that why you're now asking for help?

My initial post was to locate the boat, subsequently she was sunk. I was asking for info, nothing more.

Your method of posting isn't doing you any favours! You are asking questions, not giving answers!

The case is going to court, so I am not in a position to discuss on an open forum.

So the boat has been sold !

Many thanks for your comments & I completely accept that this is not acceptable. William Bates a shareholder 07842 278687 sold the boat without my knowledge & set off into the sunset on his boat. Apparently, he can do that according to the Police,

So Tracey is telling customers it is her Co-Directors boat - not hers. Confused !!!!

And - in response to another complaint :

Please accept my sincere apologies.I was not aware a shareholder William Bates had sold the boat without my knowledge, completely illegal as you can imagine. Obviously I am taking this up legally, the point of call should be with River Side Canal Trust 03030404040 to find out how this happened.

Not sure what RSCT will do about it ?

I think Tracey, you should just await the court hearing and then come back for sympathy, or a 'gloat' as necessary.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

Tracey Barlow, on 19 Jul 2014 - 2:58 PM, said:

I know the position of the company, I know who purchased Margaret Mary. I will not divulge further info on a social website as this is going through legal proceedings. So far....it's been mentioned a third shareholder & my address. Your view is contradictory to the rightfull outcome of guests booking in good faith with the company.

You have posted your address yourself - have a look alongside your avatar SK10 JB

With regard to your guests booking in good faith, I would suggest that you look at the Trip advisor link above where you have secured the worst feedback of any compnay I have ever looked at,

24 (out of 53) rate you are terrible and warn customers never to use your company

& reports rate you as 'poor and 3 as 'average;

If you dont wish to look, here are a couple of comments :

Got to be the worst company we've ever had the displeasure to come across. My advice would be to leave well alone.

We visited today for our pre-booked cruise with 3 course meal. When we arrived we were met by a rude elderly man who informed us there were no cruise as the restaurant boat has been out of service since March

The actual boat is not the one shown at the top of the web page. The reality is a scruffy little barge with absolutely nothing to recommend it. We were told that tea and coffee would be provided. Well, they were, in small dirty containers. There were only 4 mugs (the proprietor told us the others had been 'nicked' by previous cruisers). There was no milk provided because, we were told, "it goes off". There was one absolutely filthy tea towel which stank of sour milk. When we complained about the wet and dirty seats, it was thrust into my hands and I was told, "wipe them down with this." My friend did make an attempt and it came back black with dirt! There were no cushions on the hard wooden slatted seats, no life jackets available and water swilled about the bottom of the boat. The windows were so grimy, it was impossible to see out of them Pretty horrid for a full day! Whilst some of us grimly surveyed conditions below, those who wanted to drive were being given some important advice above - "don't turn the engine off because you wont get it started again and if you crash into another boat, scarper quickly."

I'm no whizz, but the boat was going in the operating direction to base.

I'm guessing you meant opposite direction. A casual observer isn't going to be concerned about that, it could have been being delivered to a new base or a new owner.

Tim

Edited by Timleech

It was apparently being moved to its operating base on the River Weaver, thus the direction of travel...

Lots of convolutions and misdirection depending who you talk to! Who needs Eastenders when you live on the cut, eh?

The other director and shareholder, the alleged thief, decided to take the boat away unlicenced. ...................... He/she accidentally sunk it in the lock then walked away from the whole affair knowing it was uninsured,

Apparently the boat was due to go out on hire the following day, surely it would have had any necessary licence and insurance before hiring it out ?

Tracey Barlow & Bill Bates are both shareholders with 50% each

At the last returns the company had :-

Assets of £20,625

Liabilities of £23,569

Company net worth £10,793

Have another hire-boat in addition to the one stolen, yet assets are only £20,000 ?

maybe this is in turn hired/leased from somewhere else and part of the £23,000 liabilities ?

I think the company needs a new accountant too! Net worth is the assets less the liabilities.

My arithmetic give me a negative net worth, of minus £2,944 so the company is (or was on the date of the return to Companies House) insolvent.

Trading whilst insolvent is a criminal offence ISTR, so I wonder if this has any bearing on the disappearing boat.

MtB

It was apparently being moved to its operating base on the River Weaver, thus the direction of travel...

Lots of convolutions and misdirection depending who you talk to! Who needs Eastenders when you live on the cut, eh?

Then everything is now clear - it was being moved overnight as (Tracey Barlow said) it was booked out on hire the following day, but obviously not from its regular base of Bollington. but from the Weaver - does the Anderton lift work during the night ?

That smell of overflowing toilet is getting stronger.

I think the company needs a new accountant too! Net worth is the assets less the liabilities.

My arithmetic give me a negative net worth, of minus £2,944 so the company is (or was on the date of the return to Companies House) insolvent.

Trading whilst insolvent is a criminal offence ISTR, so I wonder if this has any bearing on the disappearing boat.

MtB

£9000+ of cash in hand.

White Nancy (UK) Ltd, paid by me...my sole investment...proof in bank statements & invoices with Three Boat Builders

You cannot have it both ways -

Either White Nancy paid, or you (as an individual) paid.

If you made a 'Directors Loan' to White Nancy to enable them to buy the boat, then White Nancy "owe you" that amount of money. If you paid for it directly from your bank account to the builders and it was not enterd into the company accounts, then you are the owner (and not White Nancy).

As a limited company you do not own anything, apart from the 1 share that has been issued to you. The company owns all of the assets, and their value is only available to you when the company is wound up or the assets sold and the company repays its Directors loan.

Did you claim VAT ?

Just as an aside - are you aware that you are breaking the law by not having your registered address and registered company number on the website ?

In case anyone is trying to find you :

Registered Address: 225 Market Street, Hyde, Cheshire, SK14 1HF

Registered Number : 07686303

• Greenie 1

White Nancy (UK) Ltd, paid by me...my sole investment...proof in bank statements & invoices with Three Boat Builders

Again, reading between the lines, it looks to me as though White Nancy Ltd entered into a contract with the boat builders to have this boat built, but didn't have the money to pay the bills. You paid the bills on behalf of the company which means the company owns the boat, and the company owes the you the money you lent to it.

This doesn't mean you own the boat (unless the builder invoiced you directly when it became clear they weren't going to get paid or deliver the boat), it means White Nancy Ltd owns the boat, and owes you the money you paid to settle the invoices.

MtB