A tip for lazy dog walkers

pophops

Featured Posts

I have noticed that an iPhone can come in handy for dog walkers of an idle disposition. Just walk your dog off the lead whist pretending to be deeply involved in texting/reading emails/whatever. Then, when your dog craps on the towpath (as it surely will), no fault can be attached to you because you didn't see it happen.

Mind how you go.

Class innit...

There is even an app for it.......

'Ignore your dog crapping'

Edited by The Dog House

some don't even need a iphone they just need a fag and walk in front thinking about the ironing or whatever, whilst her alsation crapped between mooring bollards at the lock, NICE!!!!

The 'ignore your dog crapping' app is just great - It can even pinpoint by the magic of GPS where your dog last took a dump, and guide you back later to clear up should you be slightly spooked by the adjacent geezer taking a unhealthy interest in your dogs toilet habits...worth £2.99 I would say.

Edited by The Dog House

some don't even need a iphone they just need a fag and walk in front thinking about the ironing or whatever, whilst her alsation crapped between mooring bollards at the lock, NICE!!!!

The way to deal with that is to ask nicely and sympathetcally if they have used their last poo bag and to offer them one of mine (I always seem to have them in my pockets even when I have no dogs with me). I haven't had anyone refuse my offer and I take a bit of enjoyment seeing a dog owner picking up when they had no intention of doing it.

haggis

• Greenie 1

I have noticed that an iPhone can come in handy for dog walkers of an idle disposition. Just walk your dog off the lead whist pretending to be deeply involved in texting/reading emails/whatever. Then, when your dog craps on the towpath (as it surely will), no fault can be attached to you because you didn't see it happen.

Mind how you go.

. I am probably considered a lower than your average person type of guy but that takes the piss mate ,if you are attempting to get a rise from people I think you will succeed ,but if that is genuinely your tip for the day I would strongly suggest you keep it to yourself . Know one likes dog shit

. I am probably considered a lower than your average person type of guy but that takes the piss mate ,if you are attempting to get a rise from people I think you will succeed ,but if that is genuinely your tip for the day I would strongly suggest you keep it to yourself . Know one likes dog shit

Irony just passes some people by.

• Greenie 2

don't you just love the people that pick it up then hand the bag on the next tree,

Class innit? We do it all the time, then the poo bag fairy comes along and takes it all away.

Is there a problem with this approach??????

Irony just passes some people by.

You mean the irony of.

'I saw somebody let their dog take a dump while they were on the phone and they didn't clean it up?

Wow.......

A tongue in cheek post if I'm not mistaken.

Phil

Problem is - I am the poo fairy. want to swap jobs (@;

Not at all.

If that really is your job hats off to you.

But that was my point...........somebody has to do it.

Not at all.

If that really is your job hats off to you.

glad its not my job but I have moved the odd bag from by the lock at Tedesley as I like to go there with the kids to watch the boats, its as close as I get at the moment to boating, I was there at the weekend and a chap let my kids have a look in his boat, don't think he is a member on here, hats off to him, he made 3 kids very happy.

Of course the Victorians had a use for it, in leather tanneries, and used to employ children to collect it.

Then some poor sod had to mix it to a paste with water, and knead it into the hides to soften them. Usually with their bare hands, and sometimes in large vats treading it in with bare feet.

It was considered the absolute lowest of the low grade jobs.

glad its not my job but I have moved the odd bag from by the lock at Tedesley as I like to go there with the kids to watch the boats, its as close as I get at the moment to boating, I was there at the weekend and a chap let my kids have a look in his boat, don't think he is a member on here, hats off to him, he made 3 kids very happy.

Sadly dog poo in bags hung on trees is a common issue. But it's not universal across the system thankfully...

Of course the Victorians had a use for it, in leather tanneries, and used to employ children to collect it.

Then some poor sod had to mix it to a paste with water, and knead it into the hides to soften them. Usually with their bare hands, and sometimes in large vats treading it in with bare feet.

It was considered the absolute lowest of the low grade jobs.

Interesting...I never knew this. Edited by The Dog House

Sadly dog poo in bags hung on trees is a common issue. But it's not universal across the system thankfully...

There is a tree on the offside approaching top Hanwell adjacent to a road bridge which is (or was) like a Christmas tree.

Pretty obvious that someone walking along the road is throwing the bags over the high parapet thinking they are going in the cut but the tree gets in the way.

George ex nb Alton retired

There is a tree on the offside approaching top Hanwell adjacent to a road bridge which is (or was) like a Christmas tree.

Pretty obvious that someone walking along the road is throwing the bags over the high parapet thinking they are going in the cut but the tree gets in the way.

George ex nb Alton retired

Yes....and?

Interesting...I never knew this.

I just have an enduring appetite ( probably not a wise choice of words in this context ) for learning about the Industrial Revolution, and Victorian way of life.

You do pick up some weird and wonderful facts along the way !

I just have an enduring appetite ( probably not a wise choice of words in this context ) for learning about the Industrial Revolution, and Victorian way of life.

You do pick up some weird and wonderful facts along the way !

Indeed the Romans washed their clothes in pee.......