Engine Keys

Maffi

Featured Posts

I do have on my slide an ABUS disc lock. Last year I helped a couple who had locked themselves out of their boat. They had a disc lock. Even with an angle grinder it took us nearly half an hour to cut it off. Jolly good design those ABUS locks. I also have a similar lock on the front door.

The diskus is relatively easy to pick open, and the older ones can be opened with a biro!

Security of our boat used to be a worry for me. Were the doors and rear slide a weak point ? Curtains left closed or open ?

How strong are our padlocks ?

Then having left the boat at Braunston overnight and unattended we suffered a burglary. They totally smashed a window to gain access and left by the same route with a lot of stuff !

Wrong place, wrong time...and if the boat is unattended you're at risk whatever the security issues. Funny, cos when it comes to winning the lottery I never get picked !