BCN Challenge map, text details & updates thread

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

Half of Team Poppy is on the move. The other half is wondering what the noise is.

The Cat that Walks got lost and ended up by the Dog & Partridge where we found em. Not the usual Manor. They will be most envious of Tawny's overnight spot. When they wake...

biggrin.png I am up! I wasn't last out of bed either.

Team Cobbett eating bacon and considering maybe making a move a bit later at some time this morning...

I wonder if the Crazy Cat Ladies have been on the pull.

Has this got anything to do with a boat full of blokes as per post 124?

Traffic report. Congestion on the Titford flight, expect delays. Telemachus, Shangrila, Chalice, Firefly, Indigo Dream and Red Wharf all on the flight at the same time!

We passed chalice and indigo dreams on the flight, we were coming down so it meant our right hand side was the ponds rather than the straight run between each lock. Luckily with a 45' boat, a bit of wiggling around, and cooperation from the others we were able to smoothly pass with not much delay at all, and in fact the help received from the passing crews probably speeded us up! But we felt for Diesel and Dust who is pretty much full length, doing the wiggles behind us. No queues at the staircase and a smooth home run along the new main line then onto the tunnels and we're 6th at the basin. Phew!

Sounds like we did the best thing by doing the titford last night and coming down this morning. Thanks to chalice for passing wrong side of us. It can get quite shallow on the off side with a deep 70ft boat.

Now on straight run in to hawne basin after coming down Park head locks.

Caught the tail end of rush hour on the Titford flight. Mayhem! Now heading for Brades. Not raining.

We were locked through by CRT's highest paid lock keeper!

(Well done Mr Parry for fully entering into the spirit of the event).

I wonder if the Crazy Cat Ladies have been on the pull.

Has this got anything to do with a boat full of blokes as per post 124?

I don't understand why the ladies were not actively seeking out all the butch fire-fighters we met at Walsall locks last night.

(Well other than it required locking down the flight in thunder and lightning!)

Do you get extra points for steam power?

I did do some negotiation with the organisers two years ago about what the extra points for a steam boat might be, and they said if we entered we could talk about it and the like. As it is I didnt have the time get the boat there, but in due course and with the right crew, I would like to enter with her.

Daniel