Did anyone get a boat in their stocking....

Supermalc

Featured Posts

Seasons Greetings to all.

What a beautiful day it is to.

Sitting here on the boat cooking the Xmas dinner with a lovely view out of the windows. This is my Xmas present, I couldn't ask for anything better ;):D:lol:

Got a flight in a hot air baloon for next year. Waaaaa Haaaaaaaay!!!!

May even fly over the GU around the Herts Beds area. If so I will post the pics.

I've often fancied that.......

Where we are on the GU, (Herts / Bucks / Beds borders, more or less), we regularly see balloons overhead. They make a particularly fin site out across the Marsworth reservoirs, when working through the locks there.

And the field, literally across the road from where we live, seems to be a regularly chosen landing spot.....

See if you can get some better pictures of the Grand Union than the rather poor ones in "Google Earth" for this area!......

Oh, and how I envy those who's circumstances allow them to be enjoying Christmas afloat.....

One day, maybe, one day!......

I have been very lucky! ok so I did not get a narrowboat in my stocking but then I hear they are getting far too expensive to run these days anyway

I have had a Muse album, lovely warm PJ's, a lovely watch and TWO bottles of my favourite perfume!!!

I also got a tin of cooked meat ;)

The best present was that my daughters managed to spend at least 2 hours in the same room without world war three breaking out!

phew! :D

From the Guys' Wish List topic:

under a tenner

From the kids: Terry's Chocolate Orange, large Toblerone and large bag/box Liquorice Allsorts.

From wife: a little loving, nothing more.

From sister: well she's just come back from Cuba so I'm hoping for a nice fat Havana.

From wife, kids, mother, in-laws, everyone: half-an-hour's peace and quiet to smoke it.

under a ton

My selection of malt whiskies is running low and could do with re-stocking

Well I got two chocolate oranges (milk & white), two toblerones (ditto), and the obligatory box of allsorts. Also two bottles Hobgoblin in gift box with tee shirt, gift box of Wood's Christmas Cracker, Otter Claus and a Felinfoel Double Dragon, and a bottle of port. The only malt whisky was a The Glenlivet I bought myself (well, The Glenlivet sent me a £3 Christmas voucher, seemed a shame not to use it). Four assorted Cuban cigars off sis (still waiting for the half hour's peace and quiet), and the aforementioned solar panel off in-laws (5W battry-topper-upperer), so all-in-all, not a bad result. Lynn got me that Bellowhead CD 'cos she wanted to hear it herself, other than that I'm still waiting.

I got the Fratelli's album (lives up to all the hype)

Its good isnt it!

- I bought it a few months ago, one of the first CDs i bought for quite a while, some very refreashing tracks on there.

- Fingars cross everything will pull together and they will come and play at loughbrough. One night i dont plan to work!

Btw, do you mean this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Sodor_Maid.jpg

Daniel

Its good isnt it!

- I bought it a few months ago, one of the first CDs i bought for quite a while, some very refreashing tracks on there.

- Fingars cross everything will pull together and they will come and play at loughbrough. One night i dont plan to work!

Btw, do you mean this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Sodor_Maid.jpg

Daniel

It's great, I wasn't too impressed with the tv ad, and the music press 'next big thing' hype but found myself hanging round in the music shop to listen to the whole of the album. Much hinting followed (and the promise of big, fluffy slippers) and the cd was mine.

As for the barge, it's this one:

Bulstode

He got it as part of a thomas bath toy. It's doubled my bath time duration as well as his.