Have I Killed The Audlem Thread ?

Featured Posts

eyesonfreeloaders is not a trader/business in audlem but someone who lives in Chester and frequents audlem.

???

Can I have some of what you're having...

(Mod edit to remove quoted post)

Edited by FadeToScarlet

eyesonfreeloaders is not a trader/business in audlem but someone who lives in Chester and frequents audlem.!

Not quite as vitriolic as their 1st post, must be having 2nd thoughts.

(Mod edit to remove quoted post)

Edited by FadeToScarlet

Now, that is a troll

Richard

Do we feed it and have a bit of fun, or do we let it crawl back under it's bridge, there is very little on the telly tonight.

I wonder if Trolls keep up-to-date with legislation :

A Change to the Criminal Justice Act :

The amendment would allow for greater penalties of up to two years in prison and extend the period of time made available to authorities attempting to build difficult cases against offenders.

Offences such as internet trolling fall under the Malicious Communications Act, which can only be tried in a magistrates’ court.

There is no anonimity on the internet (much as we may like to think so) and Trolls will be found.

Two people already imprisoned

Two people who sent abusive and menacing tweets to banknote campaigner Caroline Criado-Perez and Labour MP Stella Creasy have been jailed.

I wonder if Trolls keep up-to-date with legislation :

A Change to the Criminal Justice Act :

The amendment would allow for greater penalties of up to two years in prison and extend the period of time made available to authorities attempting to build difficult cases against offenders.

Offences such as internet trolling fall under the Malicious Communications Act, which can only be tried in a magistrates’ court.

I think those sort of penalties are reserved for trolls issuing direct threats against somebody, the likes seen on Facebook. Eyesonfreeloaders reads like a bit like a rank amateur.....

There is no anonimity on the internet (much as we may like to think so) and Trolls will be found.

There is if he is computer literate and doesn't want to be found.

Two people already imprisoned

Two people who sent abusive and menacing tweets to banknote campaigner Caroline Criado-Perez and Labour MP Stella Creasy have been jailed.

I don't think you can compare his posts to the rape and death threats that were sent to those ladies.

Cyber-bullying can take a number of forms and [what eyes freeloaders said before the post was edited] could be construed as threatening, especially if targeted at an elderly person suffering from Cancer.

Different people have different stress / worry levels and what is 'laughed off' by one can result in 'locking ones self in the house in fear' in another person.

Edited by FadeToScarlet

eyesonfreeloaders is not a trader/business in audlem but someone who lives in Chester and frequents audlem.

Mod edit: "I don't want to play any more, I'm off".

Fade to Scarlet, you have done a sterling job in managing to turn a particularly nasty piece of writing full of poison into something that sunds reasonable.

I for one am very pleased that nasty piece of work is off and will never grace this forum with his/her presence again.

Fade to Scarlet, you have done a sterling job in managing to turn a particularly nasty piece of writing full of poison into something that sunds reasonable.

I for one am very pleased that nasty piece of work is off and will never grace this forum with his/her presence again.

Bugger, Eurovision it is then.....

With respect, Mike, I think this thread should now be locked. From the outside, your posts are just confusing. I understand why that should be, not knowing the location or people leaves me confused

Are you involving the police, CRT or solicitors? I can see this becoming very uncomfortable for you

Richard

RLWP, on 11 May 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

With respect, Mike, I think this thread should now be locked. From the outside, your posts are just confusing. I understand why that should be, not knowing the location or people leaves me confused

Are you involving the police, CRT or solicitors? I can see this becoming very uncomfortable for you

Richard

Although I respect both Dan and the moderators, I still believe that we deserve to know the truth about this sordid little affair. Believe me Richard, this is merely the tip of the iceberg!

I sincerely apologise if my posts have been unclear, but you must understand that to seek further clarity, I would have to be far more revealing than I wish to on here.

Mike

Edited by Doorman

Which truth about what part of which affair? There seems to be a part of this that is very personal to you which doesn't need to be here at all - I don't think attacks on you should be left on a public forum

The rest of this disappeared with the previous thread

Richard

RLWP, on 11 May 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:RLWP, on 11 May 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

Which truth about what part of which affair? There seems to be a part of this that is very personal to you which doesn't need to be here at all - I don't think attacks on you should be left on a public forum

The rest of this disappeared with the previous thread

Richard

The truth, or should I say the full details, will probably never be aired, not on here anyway. There are further elements to all of this that unless certain parties are willing to come forward, will not be revealed. Their reasons for witholding their experiences will be valid and pertinent to them. They cherish their trading status and understandibly do not wish to jeopardise it by becoming embroiled in all of this mess.

All that I can say is that in our experience of mooring in Audlem, we have witnessed some very strange events unfold. One of which was the posting of that horrible and uncalled for poster that was placed upon the elderly CC'ers boat and the other well publicised issue was that of the Tea Boat.

Surely, in order to nip all of this in the bud, there has to be a degree of frankness from a fellow boater, whom like many others, is being unfairly denied local canal side events? If, in displaying that candour, it ruffles some feathers to the point where someone begins to slight my good name, then I shall exorcise my right to defend that name.

Mike

Edited by Doorman

It does look like RCTA made a very good decision to move the floating market, if one trading boat sparked off this much trouble I dread to think what a whole market might do.

I also hope CaRT are reading this so that when local traders next ask for trading boats to be banned they can take a balanced position and support the trading boats. Maybe they also need to have words with some local traders who I believe are both occupying CaRT property?

And Mike, you are a very decent bloke and don't need this hassle. Why not up sticks and move?. The K&A is a wonderful place and despite its reputation is full of very tolerant people who actually help each other!. I would think and hope that CaRT would sort out a mooring for you.

...........Dave