Islington water point taken up by inconsiderate idiot

Ten

Featured Posts

OTOH someone glared at me the other day as I am permanently moored by a water tap which is marked on Nicholson's

Unfortunately its a residential mooring I pay a lot for. the woman was glaring at my scruffy barge as if I wasn't meant to be hogging the water :lol:

The OP has explained why breasting up is inappropriate at this particular point. As for " For what other reason would someone else want to visit a waterpoint !." The answer to that is the nub of the problem, because they have stolen it as a permanent mooring. Let's all do it. Waterpoints, lock landings, bridge landings, just move in and take up residence and shame upon anyone who complains.

What you've just described gives us pretty much accurate image of boating in London laugh.png

The OP has explained why breasting up is inappropriate at this particular point. As for " For what other reason would someone else want to visit a waterpoint !." The answer to that is the nub of the problem, because they have stolen it as a permanent mooring. Let's all do it. Waterpoints, lock landings, bridge landings, just move in and take up residence and shame upon anyone who complains.

Yep, got ya Sir Nibs, & dead right.

Had people read my answer to the OP back at post 15, rather than bombard posts blindly, all may have been revealed !.

• Greenie 1

If I needed water, (I don't as I have a Water Maker) and someone else had hogged the water point for a week or so, I would simply Raft alongside, take on Water and leave to enjoy my cruising, I can't see the problem of my actions in doing this at all.

However I find it odd that this action would be classed as the behavior of an inconsiderate boater, as suggested by the OP back in post 20.

It's not you being inconsiderate, it's the boat on the water point for 1 week.

Please read again. It's not the 70 feet open wide canal area that you are used too that we area speaking about here.

• Greenie 1

Why does the answer to every problem always seem to involve everyone working their away around it except the one causing the problem?

Breast up? Yes, so long as it is safe to do so, and also report the offender, it's not an either-or.

Because people misinterpret posts such as this like this as a complaint that they can't get water. So ways to get water are offered. This is not the problem!

In reality it is a moan to 'get it off one's chest'. The OP actually wants everyone to join it and say 'yes ain't it awful'.

MtB

Why does the answer to every problem always seem to involve everyone working their away around it except the one causing the problem?

Breast up? Yes, so long as it is safe to do so, and also report the offender, it's not an either-or.

I can't agree more

Because people misinterpret posts such as this like this as a complaint that they can't get water. So ways to get water are offered. This is not the problem!

In reality it is a moan to 'get it off one's chest'. The OP actually wants everyone to join it and say 'yes ain't it awful'.

MtB

I'm sure you know better than OP what this post is about.

MtB

As we have all done in the past on here.....

MtB

Please don't speak for me. You don't know me.

And yes, your responses were well predicted from before the original post was actually uploaded.

Well Sir Nibs, I can't understand this one,,,,

I suggest similar to your post 55, way back in post 3, and it was met with posts and posts of disapprovel and naysayers,,

How do you get away with it with Agreeing back slaps ?. But well done you.is it a Rodent as opposed to Feather thing.

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

Isn't it? We all delight in the helpful community spirit of the waterways, is it not awful when we encounter one who pollutes that by using a "fu<k you" attitude to take advantage of everyone else's goodwill? I really, really hope CaRT charge this boater £25 a day for their "Mooring". The only possible excuses for this are either mechanical breakdown or medical emergency in which case I would imagine other boaters would pitch in to help by moving the boat on behalf of the owner. If neither of these apply then my opinion is that the owner is a selfish shit and the waterway community would be better off without them and their like.

Woooow! I LIKED THAT!

(you may have been just a little bit right TBM)

I suggest similar way back in post 3, and it was met with posts and posts of disapprovel and naysayers,,

How do you get away with it with Agreeing back slaps ?. But well done you.is it a Rodent as opposed to Feather thing.

Great, this is a new one!

Is there anything you actually understand?

We have established that this boat is OK, haven't we? Not broken down for instance

Richard

That is correct. No messages saying that there is any problems and nobody in the area aware of any problems with the boat / people on board. Also, nobody on board. Another boaters trying to fill up / going through the lock / bridge getting pissed off over the busy Easter weekend. CRT have been informed and the only reason nothing is being actioned is lack of enforcement (don't get me started here!). I am now trying to get hold of Paul griffin as Jenlyn kindly advised.

I suggest similar to your post 55, way back in post 3, and it was met with posts and posts of disapprovel and naysayers,,

The difference is that you suggested everyone going to inconvenience in order to accommodate this R Sole (remember breasting up at this point is obstructive) Whilst I have made an obviously tongue in cheek suggestion that would turn the boat into a mooring to replace the one stolen. Yes it would be equally obstructive but it is not equally seriously suggested.