It`s pretty damn brilliant

Phil Speight

Featured Posts

For those who were following the Siskin Blog - it will back I`m assured. In the meantime Steve kindly let me use the boat while I was at Debdale making my Signwriting DVD ( see what I did there ! ) and I can assure you that Siskin is truly magnificent. Beatiful work in even the simplest of areas as well as the techy stuff. Well done Steve.

Edited by Phil Speight

I think it's pretty damn poor when people post headings like this that don't even give a clue as to the contents of the thread and they can't even be @rsed to use the 'tag' facility either, which would help.

I'm not just having a go at you Phil, but to all the others who do this too. I've enough to do without having to open threads only to find that they are of no interest to me.

• Greenie 1

I think it's pretty damn poor when people post headings like this that don't even give a clue as to the contents of the thread and they can't even be @rsed to use the 'tag' facility either, which would help.

I'm not just having a go at you Phil, but to all the others who do this too. I've enough to do without having to open threads only to find that they are of no interest to me.

Awwww just look at it as exercise!

Fantastic Phil. Any time you need a boat to do some more DVD painting drop me a line. You're more than welcome to practise on my boat.

No chance of me enquiring about the DVD though. I find them about as exciting as watching paint dry. Oh, go on the. When is it due out?

Dave

What are the DVD's about? Do you have a link?

SWMBO has found the old Speight DVD that she has absolutely invaluable. She has done some good work with roses and castles for Theodora. While we wre living in a house she would have the TV on in the living room and follow step by step the methods that Phil was demonstrating.

N

SWMBO has found the old Speight DVD that she has absolutely invaluable. She has done some good work with roses and castles for Theodora. While we wre living in a house she would have the TV on in the living room and follow step by step the methods that Phil was demonstrating.

N

Ah --The Old Speight.....

That conjures an image of an ageing person with life-lived complexion, long-suffering gait, hard-worked and calloused hands, all beset with a crop of wild white hair - - who spend hours in his workshop whittling . . . a sort of Disneyesque character redrawn by Ralph Steadman.

I wonder- - - - - -

wink.png

Edited to add: With sincere apologies to any person alive (or otherwise) this description may resemble, such description being totally coincidental, of course!

Edited by Grace & Favour

I think it's pretty damn poor when people buy a piece of equipment and then ask others to resolve the operational problems which the new equipment is creating, because they couldn't be @rsed to think it through before making the purchase laugh.pnglaugh.png

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=65875

Edited by David Schweizer

Or, in my case, a wasted couple of minutes, as my internet is often slow. If this thread had been tagged "Advert for signwriting DVD", I'd not have bothered.

Ok enough - I well understand how easy it is waste a couple of minutes ( and considerably longer ) on the forum. Sorry about the lack of a tag - I only now understand why it is wrong not to have one and it`s not a mistake I shall make in future. It was emphatically not an advert for anything - that was a bit of an in joke which many here will have understood perfectly well. It`ll be a cold day in hell before I actually NEED to advertize goods or services on this forum. The item was intended for all those on the forum who have followed the Siskin blog and was , I hope, of some interest to them.

So - another apology required. Sorry - I now realize that failing to tag a topic can be a pain in the ars* - not something that had dawned on me before.As for my not being @rsed - that bit is both unfair and unecessary.

Ah --The Old Speight.....

That conjures an image of an ageing person with life-lived complexion, long-suffering gait, hard-worked and calloused hands, all beset with a crop of wild white hair - - who spend hours in his workshop whittling . . . a sort of Disneyesque character redrawn by Ralph Steadman.

I wonder- - - - - -

wink.png

Edited to add: With sincere apologies to any person alive (or otherwise) this description may resemble, such description being totally coincidental, of course!

Watch it sunshine........

Fantastic Phil. Any time you need a boat to do some more DVD painting drop me a line. You're more than welcome to practise on my boat.

No chance of me enquiring about the DVD though. I find them about as exciting as watching paint dry. Oh, go on the. When is it due out?

Dave

Crick- but it ain`t a bundle of laughs ! Edited by Phil Speight

Thanks for accepting my comments about the tag facility Phil and I apologise for the rather curt wording of my OP.

And yes David,you're right I should have sussed out the pole problem before buying it. I'm not the sharpest tool in the box and as usual folk on here have been most helpful. That's why I love this forum so much. But in fairness the pole thread appears to have helped a couple of others in a similar situation too wink.png

I got the joke, I got the joke nah nah! well I did chortle when I read Mr S's postsmile.png

Now what we need is a masterclass DVD by a master.... like Dave M.

<ducks>

Edited by mark99