Dream ended before it started

Miemie

Featured Posts

Unfortunately I am very impulsive and did not stop to think now that I have had time I am going another route for finance and hope to get it sorted we are still actively looking at boats and that can still take a while we just have to look at less than what we were before but that's ok as long as I can get my foot in the door or on the water lol

Oh yes we are hoping to come to the banter although I will not be drinking because I will be driving

You will wish you were drinking half way threw the Banter.

Good luck kida, we are off mooching this weekend to help our well more mine, dream not die away, not that i can see it will.

It's a holiday weekend, so what's the rush?

Well i for one would find spending all that time on local transport a nightmare, and a bus worst of all. Canals yes. nooo rush, but public transport as quick as possible if NEEED be, which for me is never.

Dont know about the OP.

Well i for one would find spending all that time on local transport a nightmare, and a bus worst of all.

How odd. I am looking forward to a trip to rural Leics tomorrow which will need two buses, a train and then two more buses to get me there. I'll enjoy watching the changing scenery and seeing the countryside waking up as it does at this time of year. If I tire of the views I'll enjoy reading a book. What's not to like?

Still, the unifying feature of boaters is that they're all different.

Well i for one would find spending all that time on local transport a nightmare, and a bus worst of all. Canals yes. nooo rush, but public transport as quick as possible if NEEED be, which for me is never.

Dont know about the OP.

I use public transport for work and I mean a lot at least 5 busses and couple of trains every day and w+t I agree not my kind of fun don't want to do that on my days of as well

How odd. I am looking forward to a trip to rural Leics tomorrow which will need two buses, a train and then two more buses to get me there. I'll enjoy watching the changing scenery and seeing the countryside waking up as it does at this time of year. If I tire of the views I'll enjoy reading a book. What's not to like?

occasional yes but I do it all the time and I would rather be on a boat lol

I am used to my own transport really, i have always had it and the times i have had to use public it doesnt itself do any justice, either sat next to some smelly half cut person who witters on or a school run of kids, last time i was on a bus i said it was the last time as there was some young yobs who ended up kicking off and i got covered in there drinks as they ended up chucking it t each other, not my idea of a nice day out. Prob just bad timing but it put me off for good.

Just not something i would want to do during a break away, oh and its dam costly.

Very sad to hear. If you don't have any money and no-one will lend you any either then yes, you are stuffed.

Yeah, my dream of living the rest of my life as a powerful Oligarch with mansions, luxury cars and supermodel girlfriends also ended before it had even started for similar reasons...

Yeah, my dream of living the rest of my life as a powerful Oligarch with mansions, luxury cars and supermodel girlfriends also ended before it had even started for similar reasons...

Blimey, that was a lucky escape

Richard

Blimey, that was a lucky escape

Richard

I was on the UK estate of an billionaire oligarch 3 weeks ago. This bloke was so rich he could never spend too much in 10 lifetimes. Trouble is he dropped dead at 52 no warning. Slight OT I know but it's a salutory lesson. Enjoy life while you can money or no money.

Stoke to Stone, Pint in Wetherspoons (bus stop outside), Stone to Stafford, Pint in the Butlers Bell (bus stop round corner), Stafford to Gnosall Navigation just across the road, Many pints in the Navvy, Bus back to Stafford stopping for the Loo at the butlers bell and a pint etc etc cheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif .

Or drive then curse the other half for getting drunk.

See you at the weekend boat.gif

• Greenie 1

I've met a few over the years and they all seem a bit, well, 'lost', and surprisingly keen to get on well with the tradesmen who work for them.

MtB